TCU Horned Frogs
 Chris Del Conte
Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Chris Del Conte chats live Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. CT. Fans are encouraged to submit their questions now.
TCU Moderator: Welcome to today's online chat with TCU director of intercollegiate athletics Chris Del Conte. We'll begin shortly.

Pete (Fort Worth): How is the renovation to the DMC coming along?
Chris Del Conte: Fundraising is progressing nicely. We're just under $30 million raised, and our plan is to begin construction at the end of this coming basketball season.

Alex (Seattle): When are you going to post the 2013 football entrance video online?
Chris Del Conte: We released it on social media yesterday, and I'll check with our marketing folks when we'll post it on our website.

Robert Branch KCMO: Why was Project Purple discontinued?
Chris Del Conte: It's not that Project Purple was discontinued. We just don't have the available inventory in football. We're now shifting our focus to basketball and other sports.

Matt (Denver): Including TCU, a lot of schools are putting up some impressive facilities. What unusual, interesting concepts have you taken from other facilities and plan to offer student athletes at TCU?
Chris Del Conte: Great question, Matt. It's not that we look at anything unusual, we just try to develop facilities that are unique to TCU and complement our existing architecture on campus.

Jon (Southlake): With the end of the BCS era looming, what are you doing to ensure TCU does not get left out of the new "club" so to speak?
Chris Del Conte: One of the first things we did was join the Big 12 Conference, which all members have signed a grant of rights for the next 12 years. Secondly, we must continue to invest in our facilities, coaches, staff and student-athletes.

Ray Wilson - Colleyville, TX: Has anyone considered talking to the Big XII and our media partners about the scheduling of day time kickoffs during the month of September in Texas? I am sure that Baylor, Texas Tech and UT have the same heat exhaustion issues we have.
Chris Del Conte: I understand your concern. However, there are only certain available slots to televise football games throughout the country. Those slots are 11 a.m., 2:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. For example, this weekend, OU is playing Tulsa on Saturday at 11 a.m. In the SEC, Texas A&M is playing Alabama at 2:30 in College Station.

Scott (TheFrogHorn.com): I won't be able to attend the KU football game and would rather donate the tickets to a Frog Fan than sell them. Is there a way to do that through TCU?
Chris Del Conte: Yes. You can transfer your unused tickets to a friend through your on-line account. Please contact our ticket office if you have questions on how to do this.

Pierre: Thanks for the arrangements you made at the last game in regards to water. It certainly helped me not get dehyrdated.
Chris Del Conte: We have a stadium policy that does not permit outside beverages to be brought in. However, we allowed fans to bring a bottle of water and we provided cooling stations throughout the stadium with complimentary water. Like all great plans, we did have some breakdowns. Some gates did not allow water to be brought in and we ran out of cups at the cooling stations. We apologize for that and do appreciate your recognition of our efforts. In the future, fans can go to the concession stands and request a complimentary cup of water.

Eric (Spring): Does the short week for game week for the football team affect you as an AD?
Chris Del Conte: The short week has more of an effect on our student-athletes and coaches than our administration.

Cleburne: How cool is it have 2 of our first three games on ESPN?
Chris Del Conte: This type of exposure for TCU speaks volumes of Gary Patterson and our football program.

Froggie (Fort Worth): How many suits do you have in your closet?
Chris Del Conte: That's a question I don't want to answer. My wife is not happy.

tommy G. (Fort Worth, TX): Thank you for the purple end zones! They looked great on Saturday. Can we keep them all season?
Chris Del Conte: You can count on it! The Tex and Monty Moncrief Field at Amon G. Carter Stadium has never looked better.

Carl (Euless): What is it like to work with Gary Patterson?
Chris Del Conte: It's amazing. I've never worked with a finer head football coach.

Pantelis Horn (Athens): What is the catalyst for better enforcement with a change in the NCAA structure?
Chris Del Conte: That's a loaded question. If you have a good answer, let me know.

Billy (Beaumont): Mr Del Conte - do you have a favorite Rock Hudson movie? Mine is 1951's The Fat Man.
Chris Del Conte: I couldn't name a Rock Hudson movie, but I can sure name a favorite 1980s comedy.

Lena Horne (Cielo): I saw where Coach Izzo had to coax students out of the stands for Stormy Weather. How does the call to move for safety get decided?
Chris Del Conte: We have an emergency response team that monitors all safety concerns from a command center in the press box. Together, we determine the proper course of action.

Scott (TheFrogHorn.com): To answer Matt (Denver) you guys have used concepts from The Justice League for the new DMC!
Chris Del Conte: Aquaman tweeted us the suggestions.

Tom (Arlington, TX): Star-Telegram reported that Pachall wanted to be on sidelines to support the QB's and to travel with the team as well. I hope that he is allowed to do that...would be good for everyone...Do you know if that is going to be possible?
Chris Del Conte: I agree with your assessment. Coach Patterson addressed that at today's press conference. Casey will be on our sideline.

Jeff (League City): Can you also release the second video that was played at the LSU game in the 4th quarter? TCU Terminator Frogs.
Chris Del Conte: I don't see why not. I'll talk to our marketing staff.

Scott: Hard to believe this is The Frog Horn's 20th season. Any plans to commemorate the milestone? I definitely think The Frog Horn is worth celebrating.
Chris Del Conte: It is my understanding the Frog Horn was a gift to the Committee of 100 and came after the final season of the Southwest Conference in 1995. If I'm mistaken, please email me and we'll make sure to celebrate the anniversary.
TCU Moderator: That concludes today's online chat with Chris Del Conte. Thanks for joining us.

Name (City):
Submit your question here: