TCU Horned Frogs
TCU Horned Frogs
TCU Horned Frogs
 Chris Del Conte
Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Chris Del Conte Chats live Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. CT. Fans are encouraged to submit their questions now.
TCU Moderator: Welcome to today's online chat with TCU director of intercollegiate athletics Chris Del Conte. We'll begin shortly.

Sam (Norman): Is the game a sellout Saturday or are their still standing room only available?
Chris Del Conte: The game is sold out, but we have standing room only tickets available at $50 each.

82Frog (Fort Worth): While I was in Austin for the TCU-UT game, I noticed UT had several 10 foot bronze statues of various sports heroes around their stadium(Earl Campbell, Rickey Williams etc etc). Do you think TCU will ever do something similar honoring Baugh, LT, Swink etc etc. Thanks
Chris Del Conte: I also saw those statues, and they looked fantastic. We have been in discussions about how to honor our greats and statues are part of our possibilities.

Matt (Denver): I would be great to see TCU schedule games against teams in locations where we have a lot of alumni, such as vs. CU, Ill/Northwestern, etc. I think these games build interest, and TCU's brand, compared to playing directional schools that aren't competitive. Thoughts?
Chris Del Conte: I understand your sentiment, as we have played Northwestern in the past. Scheduling is a balancing act and is often done years in advance. We have some attractive national games upcoming with LSU, Arkansas and Ohio State.

Al (Edinburg): What new sports can we expect to see TCU develop as a result of joining the Big 12?
Chris Del Conte: If we choose to add a sport, it is our hope that they'll have the ability to compete for Big 12 championships.

Damon Hickman (Burleson): As a current member of the Frog Club is there any way of becoming more involved in the organization?
Chris Del Conte: Absolutely! Please contact Jeremiah Donati, our Frog Club director, at (817) 257-7700. He'll be glad to get you involved.

Josh Forrest (Geelong Australia): Do you think moving the team to student side of the stadium would be possible? As a student I believe it would really help moral.
Chris Del Conte: I personally like our students behind the visiting team bench for the fantastic game-day atmosphere it creates.

Brett (Houston): We need to honor our past more than we do. Ring of Honor? We can put our 3 retired numbers in it and 2 CFHoF coaches. I don't see LT's number anywhere
Chris Del Conte: I agree completely. As I mentioned earlier, this is all part of on-going discussions on how best to pay tribute to our great history.

Tyler: How is the DMC renovation plans coming along?
Chris Del Conte: Plans are going great. We had our Board of Trustees meeting in early November and our first planning committee meeting is set to take place Dec. 10.

Diana (Arlington, TX): Why does Gary Patterson retie his shoes so often during football games? Is it a superstition? Please explain.
Chris Del Conte: I'm not too sure about that question, but I'll ask Coach Patterson.

Andy (Fort Worth): With the Priority Points now being calculated on January 1 along with June 1, are the annual giving amounts now a rolling 12 month calculation (January to December) or fiscal year only (June to December)?
Chris Del Conte: The year-end donation is based on a fiscal year from June 1 to May 31. However, we are doing a recalculation in January for those wishing to make a gift before the tax year ends. The points will still be granted on a fiscal year.

Drew (Dallas): Hey Chris - I heard through the grapevine that a "fear the frog" banner was going to be made for road games. Is this going to happen for 2013?
Chris Del Conte: I've heard the same rumor. Be on the lookout in the near future.

Frank (Fort Worth): When are we going to see concept art of a new DMC?
Chris Del Conte: Our Board of Trustees has just appointed a committee for the project. I'd expect an unveiling of concepts sooner rather than later.

Matt (Fort Worth): Disappointed that football season is coming to a close, but excited for baseball season! How do you think our baseball team will do in the big 12?
Chris Del Conte: Just like all our sports, I expect our baseball program to compete for a Big 12 championship.

Dustin (Fort Worth): It appears that very little is being done to market and promote our non-football sports. When we start receiving Big 12 money, will you be able to hire someone to help with that?
Chris Del Conte: I'm sorry that you feel that way, but our marketing department has done a tremendous job. For example, we led the Big 12 in attendance in soccer and the Rec Center was packed for just about every home volleyball match. We've also been sold out of baseball season tickets for the last two seasons. Furthermore, we've been in the top 10 in attendance for tennis.

Jake (Fort Worth): Were you on hand in Austin on Thanksgiving? How much did you enjoy our victory over UT?
Chris Del Conte: I was there and was real proud of the Horned Frog nation for providing such great support to our team.

Sandra (Corsicana): Why are some the seats not the same in the DMC? There are some of the upper sections with older looking seats compared to the lower sections.
Chris Del Conte: It's been a multi-year phase for the new seats, and we'll have the final phase completed this coming summer.

Amber (Keller): What is the best way to ensure I get football season tickets next season?
Chris Del Conte: Current season-ticket holders will have first opportunity to renew their seats. If you're not currently a season-ticket holder, please contact our ticket office to be placed on the wait list.

Eric (Fort Worth): TCU Athletics wins the $500 million lottery drawing. How is the department spending it?
Chris Del Conte: That's a great question. I haven't had that dream yet.

Ned (Aledo): UT didn't show the opposing team highlights on the video board where TCU does an abundance of this. Any chance of ONLY showing TCU highlights and not the visitors?
Chris Del Conte: We were made aware of this issue, and it has been corrected.
TCU Moderator: That concludes today's online chat. Thanks for joining us, and we'll look forward to talking with you again next month.

Name (City):
Submit your question here: