John S. Justin Athletic Center History
The John S. Justin Athletic Center is located outside of the south end zone of Amon G. Carter Stadium and houses the football offices, athletics administration offices, Davis Academic Learning Center, video labs as well as the Encke Heritage Center. The 38,000-square-foot center was constructed at the cost of $7.5 million and was named in honor of longtime TCU trustee John S. Justin, former CEO of Justin Industries.
A 1941 TCU graduate and proud supporter of Horned Frog athletics for over half a century, John S. Justin was the former chairman and founder of Justin Industries, which includes the Justin Boot Company and Acme Bricks Company. Mr. Justin also served as the Mayor of Fort Worth (1961-63) and was instrumental in TCU's acquisition of the Worth Hills area where many of the University's athletics facilities are located.