In educating individuals to think and act as ethical leaders and responsible citizens in the global community.
To be a prominent private university recognized for our global perspective, our diverse and supportive learning community, our commitment to research and creative discovery and our emphasis on leadership development.
Our Core Values
- Academic Achievement
- Personal Freedom
- Dignity and Respect of the individual
- Heritage of inclusiveness, tolerance and service
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics will:
- Focus on the well-being of the student-athlete;
- Provide NCAA Division 1A programs for men and women in which the participants have a successful competitive experience;
- Support a meaningful academic experience leading to graduation;
- Develop support for the university among its many constituents;
- Commit to the philosophy and principles of the NCAA, Big 12 Conference and the university;
- Commit to provide equitable opportunities for all student-athletes and athletics department personnel, including women and minorities.
Intercollegiate Athletics at TCU
Texas Christian University (TCU) is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Big 12 Conference. TCU fields teams in baseball, men's and women's basketball, men's and women's cross country, women's equestrian, football, men's and women's golf, women's rifle, women's soccer, men's and women's swimming and diving, men's and women's tennis, men's and women's indoor and outdoor track and field and women's volleyball.
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics support nearly 500 student-athletes and employs over 100 full-time administrators, coaches and staff.