* Chanel Hewitt looks to reach her tremendous potential in her senior campaign on the track.
* Talents range from the 100 to the 400 and is a relay candidate as well.
* Competed at both 200 and 400 meters during the indoor and outdoor seasons, but challenged for the conference title only in the quartermile.
* Placed eighth in the 400 meter dash at the Conference USA Indoor Championships with a time of 58.75, about a half second behind her personal best time of 58.23, which was set in the prelims.
* Set a personal best mark in the outdoor 400 at the Texas A&M Invitational with a time of 57.09.
* Struggled as a sophomore due to injuries and illness.
* Competed at the WAC Outdoor Championships in both the 200 and 400 meters... reached the finals of the 200 where she finished ninth with a time of 24.78.
* Ran a leg on the 4x100 relay team that captured the WAC outdoor conference championship, clocking a time of 44.69.
* Finished sixth in the 200 meters in the WAC outdoor championships, logging a time of 24.18.
* Best times recorded were 11.81 in the 100 meters and 24.00 in the 200 at the UTA Open on May 6.
* Placed fifth in the 200-meter dash at the 1998 Texas State Class 4A Championships... also starred in the triple jump.
* Set personal high school bests of 24.70 in the 200m, 56.28 in the 400m and 36 feet, 8 inches in the triple jump.
* Earned Coaches' Gem Award, Most Congenial, High Point Award and Best Sprinter as a senior... coached by Beverly Humphrey.
* Chanel Lavette Hewitt is the daughter of Gerald and Pamela Hewitt... was born November 23, 1980.
* Working on a degree in physical therapy.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Sand Volleyball @TCUSandVB