* The multi-talented athlete returns for his senior year on the track... also an outstanding wide receiver and kick returner on the TCU football squad.
* Is a two-time national individual qualifier, reaching the standard in the outdoor 110-meter high hurdles as a freshman in 1999 and in the indoor 60-meter high hurdles as a sophomore in 2000.
* Can run in either hurdles event and potentially could take a leg on the 4x400 meter relay team.
* Established a school record in the high hurdles while winning the WAC outdoor title as a freshman.
* Competed in just two events during the indoor circuit and took the gold medal on both occasions.
* Won the Southwest Indoor Invitational 60-meter high hurdles on February 9 in Houston with a time of 8.02.
* Captured the C-USA indoor title in the 60-meter hurdles with a winning mark of 7.99... ran a season-best 7.98 in the prelims.
* Spring football practice limited his participation during the outdoor season... with just one day of practice under his belt prior to the meet, placed second in the 110-meter high hurdles at the Conference USA outdoor meet with a time of 14.01.
* Competed in the indoor season only... ran on TCU?s national-qualifying 4x400 meter relay team... the squad dropped the baton in the NCAA Championships and finished a disappointing 12th.
* Set a TCU record in the 60-meter high hurdles in the Arkansas Tyson Invitational on Feb. 12 with a time of 7.88.
* Finished third in the WAC indoor meet in the 60m hurdles, posting a time of 7.95.
* Did not compete in the outdoor season due to spring football.
* Placed second in both the 400IH and 110 high hurdles at the USATF Junior National Championships, earning a spot on the United States national team at the Pan Am Junior Championships.
*Placed second in the 400m hurdles (51.03) at Pan Am Juniors, in addition to running the anchor leg on the gold-medalist 4x100-meter relay team (39.78).
* Cited by Track & Field News as a star of the future after an impressive performance at the Junior Olympics in July... won gold in both the 110m HH and the 400m intermediate hurdles.
* Shattered the TCU record in the 110m high hurdles with a stunning 13.82 performance to win the WAC Championships... had set the school record with a 14.01 performance in the prelims.
* Ran a key leg on TCU?s WAC champion 4x400-meter relay team.
* Placed second in the 60m high hurdles at the WAC Indoor Championships... ran a indoor best 8.01 in the semifinals at the WAC meet, the best time in the event at the championships.
* Won the 1998 Texas State Championship in the 300-meter hurdles... his season-best mark of 36.43 in the 300 hurdles ranked fourth among U.S. high schoolers.
* Also excelled at the 110-meter hurdles, setting a regional record in the event (13.62).
* Qualified for the state meet in the 110 hurdles, 300 hurdles and as part of SOC?s 4x400-meter relay... won 1998 Regional titles in the 110 hurdles, 300 hurdles and the 4x400 relay.
* Placed second in the 400-meter hurdles at the 1998 U.S. Junior National Championships.
* A consensus all-district and all-state performer in both track and football... earned seven varsity letters, four in track & three in football.
* Was a consensus Texas Top 100 football recruit... rushed for 1,412 yards and 13 touchdowns as a senior in 1997, in addition to returning five punts for scores.
* Coached in track at South Oak Cliff by Warren Hill.
* Is the only player in TCU football history to return three kickoffs for touchdowns in a career.
* Finished his career among the all-time top 10 in receiving yards in TCU history.
* Was an all-conference kick returner as a sophomore after leading the country in returns with a 33.7 yard average.
* LaTarence Eugene Dunbar is the son of Veressa Madison...born August 15, 1980... is a psychology major at TCU.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Sand Volleyball @TCUSandVB