* The most decorated distance runner in TCU history, Eliud Njubi has one outdoor season of eligibility remaining to cap off a brilliant career.
* Is the TCU school record holder in five events: the 800, mile and 3000 meters indoors and in the 1500 and the mile outdoors.
* The Flyin' Frogs are looking for him to score points at the national meet at both the 800 and 1500 meter distances.
* A four-time All-American, has earned the national accolades in cross country, in the mile run during the indoor season and in both the 800 and 1500 meters during the outdoor season in 2001.
* Competed in only the indoor season of 2002... hampered by an injury which kept him out of competition during the outdoor season.
* Ran the 800 meter distance just once, taking the gold medal at the Texas Tech Red Raider Classic on January 26 in a school record time of 1:049.01, bettering Khadevis Robinson's 1:49.49 in 1998.
* Finished fifth in the mile run at the Tyson Indoor Classic on February 2, but recorded a season-best time of 4:00.87, qualifying for the NCAA Indoor Championships.
* Took the gold medal in the 3000 meters at the Southwest Indoor Invitational in Houston on February 9 with a school record time of 8:04.17, six full seconds faster than the previous school record he established in 2001.
* Was the Conference USA Indoor Athlete of the Year after taking the gold medal in both the mile run and the 3000 meter run at the C-USA Indoor Track & Field Championships, held February 22-23... posted winning times of 4:07.17 and 8:19.73 respectively... efforts helped TCU to the team title.
* Reached the finals of the NCAA Indoor Championships in the mile run with a prelim time of 4:06.90... just missed All-America honors by finishing ninth in the finals with a time of 4:09.44.
2001 Cross Country
* Won five of six events leading up to the national meet.
* Captured the Conference USA individual title (23.09 over 8K), his second straight conference title, and defended his South Central Regional Cross Country title as well (30.02 over 10K).
* Twice named C-USA Male Cross Country Athlete of the Week.
* Dominated the mile run during the indoor season, winning at Oklahoma and Houston before taking the WAC Championship.
* Finished eighth at the national indoor meet in the mile, clocking a school record time of 4:00.53, earning All-America honors.
* Established a school record at 3000 meters at the Houston Indoor Invitational, posting a time of 8:10.17.
* Earned the High Point Award at the WAC Championship Indoor meet with a pair of first place finishes (mile and 3000) and a second place finish (5000 meters).
* Established a school record in the mile run during the outdoor season as he clocked a 3:56.84 in winning the Penn Relays.
* Completed the "triple" at the WAC Outdoor Championships by capturing the 800 (1:50.30), 1500 (3:47.19) and 5000 (14:45.47) to earn High Point Scorer for the meet.
* Earned All-America citations at the Outdoor Championships at 800 meters (8th) and at 1500 meters (7th)... his time of 3:40.31 in the 1500 established a school record.
2000 Cross Country
* Capped an outstanding campaign by earning All-America honors at the NCAA Championships...Finished 28th, completing the 10K course in 30:58.0.
* Named the WAC Male Cross Country Athlete of the Year after winning the WAC individual title in 24:42...Became just the second runner in TCU history to win the individual conference crown.
* Won the South Central Regional Meet, the first ever at TCU, covering the 10k distance in 30:46.19.
* Earned WAC Cross Country Athlete of the Week honors Oct. 2.
1999-2000 (Dodge City C.C.)
* Decorated 14 times as an All-American and was a 12-time National Champion in cross country and track in two years at DCCC.
* Tallied two national crowns in cross country, six in outdoors (800, 1500 and 5000 meters) and four in indoors (mile and 1,000m).
* Helped Dodge City and coach Joe Weis win the Junior College National Cross Country Championship in 1998.
* Voted Most Valuable Performer at the National Championships.
* Graduated from Magomand Secondary School in Naivasha, Kenya, Africa.... lettered in track, cross country and soccer.
* Eliud Njubi is a business major at TCU...born July 27, 1979... father's name is Godfrey... enjoys playing pool.