* A proven talent, Brandon Simpson joins the TCU sprint corps this season after spending his first two collegiate campaigns at George Mason University.
* An NCAA finalist in the 400 meter dash during the 2002 outdoor season, Simpson is a candidate for the Frogs' relay teams as well as the open quartermile.
* Was a 2000 Jamaican Olympic team member, serving as an alternate on the 4x4 relay.
* Has three seasons of indoor eligibility and two outdoor seasons remaining.
2002 (George Mason)
* Automatic qualifier in the 400 meters for the NCAA Outdoor Championships... false started in the finals and was disqualified... entered the finals with the third-best qualifying time after running a personal-best 45.12 seconds to finish second in his preliminary heat.
* Won the 400 meters four out of the five times he competed in--winning at the IC4A Championships (May 19), Mason Invitational (May 4), CAA Championships (April 20) and Raleigh Relays (March 29).
* Set a meet record in the 400 at the CAA Outdoor Championships (45.97) and was named the Outstanding Performer of the Meet.
* Helped the 4x4 relay team to a runner-up finish at the Texas Relays and anchored the relay to a third-place finish at the IC4A Championships in a season-best and NCAA provisionally qualifying 3:07.37.
* Finished third in the 200 meters at the CAA Outdoor Championships.
* Named the Colonial Athletic Association male Athlete of the Year in track.
* Was a provisional NCAA qualifier in the indoor quartermile, but did not make the national meet.
* Has several years of experience in international competition... Representing Jamaica, won the gold medal in the 4x4 at the World Junior Championships, Pan Am Junior Games and Central American Games... was a bronze medalist in the 4x4 at the 2001 World Championships... Alternate on the Jamaican 4x4 at the 2000 Olympic Games.
2001 (George Mason)
* Did not compete during the indoor season.
* Won the 400 meters at the CAA Outdoor Championships in 46.94.
* Ran a season-best and NCAA provisionally qualifying 46.15 in the 400 to claim the win at the Patriot Invitational.
* Ran the anchor leg of the 400-meter relay that was the runner-up at both CAAs and IC4As... the relay posted a season-best time of 40.61 seconds to win at George Mason's Spring Invitational.
* Ran the second leg of the 4x400-meter relay that won the IC4A Division at the Penn Relays, and posted a season-best and NCAA provisionally qualifying time of 3:06.00 to place second at IC4As.
* Coached by Dalton Ebanks.
* Is a 2000 graduate of Ardenne High School where he played basketball and ran track... coached in track by Phits Colman.
* A member of the 2000 Jamaican Olympic team, he was the alternate for the bronze-medal winning 4x400-meter relay.
* Gold medalist in the 4x400 at the 1999 Pan Am Junior Games and the Central American Games... was also the 400 meter champion at the Central American Games.
* Anchored the 4x400 Jamaican team to a victory at the Junior World Championships in Chile in a meet-best time of 3:06.06... was also the Junior World silver medalist in the 400.
* Competed in a variety of events as a prep, winning races from 100 to 1500 meters... his 4x400-meter relay placed second at the Penn Relays in 2000.
* Brandon Allan Simpson was born September 6, 1981... parents are David and Joan Simpson... his father also competed in track & field.
* Attended junior high school in Alaska before moving to Jamaica. u Hobbies include playing musical instruments and drawing.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB