* Now in her final campaign, Katie Singleton looks to regain her form from earlier in her career. * Established the school record at 5,000 meters at the 2000 Penn Relays.
2001 Cross Country
* Finished 16th at the UNT Invitational with a season-best mark of 18:53. * Turned in her best 6K time at the Conference USA Championships, clocking a 22:07.4 to finish 41st overall, sixth among TCU runners. * Also was sixth among TCU harriers at the South Central Regional Meet, recording a time of 23:33 over 6K, 69th overall.
* Struggled with health issues, hindering her performance throughout the season.
2000 Cross Country
* Helped the TCU women's cross country team to its first conference championship...Was the Frogs' third runner much of the year.
* Earned second team All-WAC honors after finishing 12th at the conference meet, covering the 5K course in 18:47.
* Placed 25th in the South Central Regional Meet.
* Was second in the 5000 at the WAC Indoor meet in 17:34.27.
* Posted three wins in the outdoor season, taking the LSU Quadrangular 5000 in 17:33.69, the TCU Invitational 3000 in 9:54.67 and the UTA Open 3000 in 10:15.21...Won the first event on the new TCU track.
* Placed third at the WAC Outdoor Championships in the 5000 meters (17:52.60) and fourth in the 3000 meters (10:04.69).
* Best marks were 4:47.58 in the 1500, 9:54.67 in the 3000 and 16:52.84 in the 5000...That mark in the 5000 came at the Penn Relays and established a TCU record.
1999 Cross Country
* Was TCU's top female finisher at the NCAA South Central Regionals, placing 18th with a time of 18:02 over the 5K course.
* Placed third at the 1999 WAC Cross Country Championships in Fresno, Calif., running the 5K course in 17:57.
* Placed third at the North Texas Invitational on Oct. 1, running the 5K course in a season-best 17:50.47 to lead all TCU runners.
* Posted a career best 9:50.40 in the 3000m at the Penn Relays.
* Ran a best in the 1500m of 4:46.66 at the Fort Worth Rec Meet.
* Her mark of 17:32.30 in the 5000m at the UTA Open on May 1 was a TCU freshman record.
* Earned All-WAC honors by placing seventh in the 3000m at the outdoor meet with a time of 10:26.58.
* Was ninth in the 3000m at the WAC Indoor Championships in 10:36.73, the highest finisher not from an altitude of 6000+ feet.
* Posted an indoor best in the mile of 5:11.33...Had an indoor best in the 3,000m of 10:02.10.
1998 Cross Country
* Stepped in immediately as a top performer, placing in the top 15 of every regular season meet.
* Led TCU in the first two meets of the season, placing third at the UNT Season Opener and finishing second at the SMU Invitational.
* Placed 17th (15th scorer) at the 1998 WAC Cross Country Championships, traversing the 5,000-meter course in 18:20.
* Was the sixth-highest freshman finisher at the NCAA district meet, earning All-District honors with a 25th-place finish (18:26).
* Earned six All-State honors and set five school records during an outstanding prep career at Rolla (Mo.) High School.
* Named team captain twice in both track and cross country... Lettered four times in both sports...Coached by Don Knapp.
* Katherine Lynn Singleton is the daughter of Mike and Becky Singleton...Born January 28, 1980...Majoring in psychology with a criminal justice minor...Would like to become a forensic psychologist following graduation.
* Father, Mike, played basketball at Arkansas State...brother, Andy, played running back at Missouri-Rolla.