* A very talented sprinter, Steve Slowly joined the stable of TCU speedsters on the track last season, following a stint at Southwest Christian Junior College.
* The Jamaican is again expected to contribute in the 100, 200 and both sprint relay events.
* Did his most damage on the sprint relay teams last season, running the second leg on the 4x1 and 4x2 teams.
* Talented sprinter competed at the short sprints and on the relay units during both the indoor and outdoor seasons, his first campaign at TCU.
* Placed third in the 200 meters at the WAC Indoor Championships with a season-best time of 21.36.
* Ran both the 100 and 200 meters during the outdoor season.
* Best mark at 100 meters was a wind-aided 10.37 time at the Texas A&M Invitational...Also notched a provisional NCAA qualifying time of 20.65 at 200 meters the same meet.
* Was a regular member of TCU's sprint relay team, which was the nation's fastest during the course of the year...The squad posted wins in the 4x100 relay at both the Penn Relays and at the Texas Relays...Also ran on the winning 4x200 meter relay team at the Penn Relays.
* Pulled a hamstring at the outdoor conference meet, prematurely ending his season...The injury kept him from competing at the NCAA Championships.
1999-2000 (Southwestern Christian)
* Recorded the fastest times in the junior college ranks in the 100 (10.13) and 200 (20.60) before injuries early in the season beset him while running for the Rams of Southwestern Christian College in Terrell, Texas.
* Ran for head coach Sylvia Thomas.
* Earned Track & Field All-American Academic Award in 1999.
* Graduated from the same high school, San Jago in Spanish Town, Jamaica, as former TCU All-American Ricardo "Flash" Williams.
* High school coach was former Jamaican Olympian Bert Cameron.
* Finished fourth in the 200 meters in the 1998 World Junior Championships.
* Ran on the Jamaican 4x100-meter relay team at the World Junior Championships in 1998.
* Steve Anthony Slowly was born April 18, 1979.
* Pursuing a psychology degree at TCU.
* Enjoys watching TV, cooking, dancing and listening to music.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Sand Volleyball @TCUSandVB