* David Spencer looks to return to the track after missing the entire 2002 campaign with an Achilles injury.
* A former WAC champion at 400 meters, could also be a key contributor to the relay units.
* Stepped in at both the 2001 WAC and NCAA Champion-ships for an injured Steve Slowly in the 4x100 meter relay and helped the Frogs to both titles, earning All-America status.
* Sat out the entire season with a torn Achilles' tendon.
* Competed in the open 400, culminating with the WAC title at 400 meters during the outdoor championships.
* Best indoor mark at 400 meters was in the WAC finals, when his 47.77 clocking gave him silver medal honors.
* Won the WAC Championships at 400 meters with a season-best time of 46.29... also took top honors at the Texas A&M Invitational.
* Asked to fill in for an injured Steve Slowly on TCU's top-ranked 4x100 meter relay team at the WAC Championships... helped that unit to the conference title by running the second leg, then duplicated that feat at the NCAA meet, earning All-America accolades.
1999-2000 (Central Arizona College)
* Was the national JUCO runnerup in the 400... coached by Kurt Van Hazel.
* Lettered four times in track at Comperdown High School in Port Maria, Jamaica... coached by Glen Mills.
* David Spencer was born on November 20, 1978.
* Is pursuing a degree in sociology at TCU.
* The brother of former TCU standout sprinter Percival Spencer, David is more of a long sprinter (200 and 400) than was Percy (100 and 200).
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Sand Volleyball @TCUSandVB