* Monica Twum, the fastest sprinter on the TCU women's track team, looks to rebound in her senior season after running through an injury-plagued junior campaign.
* Is a two-time national qualifier at 60 meters indoors and has qualified for the NCAAs in both the 100 and 200 meters during the outdoor season.
* Possesses three All-America certificates... placed sixth in the NCAA indoor 60-meters and seventh in the outdoor 100 meters during the 2001 season... was a member of TCU's eighth-place 4x100 meter relay unit in 2002.
* The four-time Western Athletic Conference individual champion, defending Conference USA 60-meter champion, TCU record holder at 60 meters and Ghana Olympian will again be a factor in both the Conference USA and national meets in the sprint events.
* Competed in the 60 and 200 meter dashes during the indoor season.
* Took the gold medal at 55 meters in the Red Raider Classic on January 26 with a career-best time of 6.82 seconds.
* Logged a pair of second place finishes at 60 meters in the Oklahoma Indoor Classic and the Tyson Indoor Classic.
* Won the Conference USA indoor title at 60 meters with a time of 7.38 seconds... placed second at the conference meet in the 200 with a time of 24.57 seconds.
* Turned in a season-best time of 7.33 seconds in the 60-meter dash at the Last Chance Meet in Ames on March 1, earning a spot in the NCAA Indoor Championships.
* Placed 11th at the NCAA indoor meet, sprinting to a time of 7.35 seconds over the 60-meter straightaway.
* Competed in the 100 and 200 meter dashes during the outdoor season.
* Took the gold medal at both the Texas A&M Invitational and the TCU Invitational in the 100.
* Hamstring injuries began to plague her as the outdoor season progressed... struggled to a ninth place finish in the C-USA 100-meter dash finals and did not reach the finals in the 200.
* Competed at the NCAA Outdoor Championships in the 100 meter dash... finished in 20th place with a time of 11.90 seconds.
* Also competed with the Frogs' 4x100 meter relay unit... ran the final leg on the C-USA winning quartet and in the prelims at the NCAA Outdoor Championships... was unable to compete in the finals, which garnered an eighth-place finish and All-America accolades.
* Joined the TCU track program in the spring and made an immediate impact after transferring from Life University.
* Won her first WAC gold medal with a winning time of 6.84 seconds in the 55-meter finals during the indoor season.
* Became a double conference winner when she took home top honors in the 200 meters with a season-best time of 24.10.
* Earned a spot at the NCAA Championships in the 60-meter dash... produced a school-record setting-time of 7.34 during the prelims to advance to the finals... finished sixth in the finals with a time of 7.41 to earn All-America accolades.
* Continued her strong running in the outdoor season... posted a second place finish in the 100-meter dash at the Texas Relays, won the TCU Invitational 100 and 200 meters, then placed fourth at the Penn Relays in the 100.
* As was the case during the indoor season, swept the short sprint events at the WAC outdoor championships, clocking winning times of (a personal best) 11.31 in the 100-meters and 23.27 in the 200 meters.
* Anchored TCU's conference champion 4x100 meter relay team which featured three of the top four 100-meter runners in the conference...Posted a season-best 44.19 time at WAC Championships, earning an automatic spot in the NCAA Meet.
* Qualified for the NCAA meet at both 100 and 200 meters... finished seventh in the 100 with a time of 11.50 in the finals, earning All-America honors.
2000 (Life University)
* Ran for coach Rana Reider at Life University in Marietta, Ga.
* Was a member of the Ghana National Team from 1996-2000... was a member of the Ghana 2000 Olympic team in Sydney.
* Named the Prospect of the Year in Ghana in 1996 and the Most Promising Ghanaian Sportswoman in 1998.
* Set personal bests of 11.35 in the 100m and 22.98 in the 200m.
* Monica Twum was born March 14, 1978.
* Pursuing a business degree at TCU.
* Enjoys shopping and watching soap operas.