Feb. 18, 2014
• Jordan Kipper made his TCU debut and first career start.
• Brian Howard and Walker Pennington also made their first career appearances.
• Ty Slanina made his baseball debut with a pinch hit appearance in the eighth. He’s the first Horned Frog to play both football and baseball in the same season since Chad Huffman (2004-06).
• Derek Odell made his season debut and his first career start at third base. He has now started a game every position on the infield in his TCU career.
• Odell collected his 26th career multi-hit game of the season. He finished the night with three hits. It’s just the seventh time he has tallied at least three hits in a game.
• Boomer White hit TCU’s first home run of the season. It was his second career home run and the first since March 2, 2013 at Jacksonville.
• White also notched his second multi-hit game of the season and the 19th of his career. In addition, he tallied his sixth career multi-RBI contest.
• With his double in the third, Kevin Cron has now reached base safely in all four games this season.
• Cron tallied his 23rd career multi-hit game and the 14th multiple- RBI contest of his career.
• Cody Jones stole a career-high three bases in the game. He is the first Horned Frog since Keaton Jones stole three bases against Manhattan on April 28, 2012.
• TCU batted around for the first time this season, sending 10 men to the plate in the fifth.
• TCU tied a school record with six hit batters. It’s been done four other times, most recently against Dayton on June 2, 2012.
• The TCU pitching staff tallied a season-high 15 strikeouts.