Preview: UT Arlington
Feb. 19, 2018
FORT WORTH – No. 3 TCU will open its 16th season at Lupton Stadium Tuesday night when the Horned Frogs host UT Arlington at 6:30. The game is slated to be televised on FSSW.
• TCU held on to its top-10 ranking across all poll after opening the season with a series victory at Grand Canyon.
• TCU has been in the top 10 of the rankings since June 6, 2016.
• TCU twice rallied back from multiple-run deficit over the weekend, posting a 1-1 record in those games.
• Ten Horned Frogs made their debut over the weekend, including five in the starting lineup.
• TCU scored multiple runs in an inning six times over the weekend.
• The TCU pitching staff registered double-digit strikeouts in two of the three games.
• TCU registered 10 extra base hits over the weekend, including three from Josh Watson.
• Luken Baker stretched his streak of reaching base safely to 31 games dating back to last season.
• Baker hit his 20th career home run on Sunday.
• Adam Oviedo, Zach Humphreys and Josh Watson all hit safely in all three games this season.
• Connor Wanhanen has reached base safely in nine straight games dating back to last year.
UT ARLINGTON NOTABLES
• UT Arlington opened the season with a series loss against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
• The tightly-contested series saw both teams score 14 runs combined over the weekend.
• Tuesday’s game marks the start of a four-game road trip for UT Arlington.
• As a team, the Mavericks hit .245 with seven extra base hits.
• Phil Berthiaume (.500) and R.J. Williams (.417) are off to hot starts at the plate.
• Omar Salinas led the team with four RBIs.
• On the mound, the Mavericks used 11 pitchers and posted a combined ERA of 4.67.
• The staff issued just seven walks and fanned 14.
• Defensively, the Mavericks committed just three errors, but didn’t allow an unearned run.
• The Mavericks surrendered two stolen bases on three attempts.
• The Horned Frogs and the Mavericks will be meeting for the 162nd time on Tuesday.
• TCU holds a 101-58-1 edge in the all-time series.
• TCU has won three straight dating back to 2017.
• Tuesday is the first of three meetings between the two teams in 2018. TCU will host two of the games.
• TCU won all three meetings last season, 7-2 (Feb. 21), 5-4 at UTA (April 4) and 6-1 (May 16).
• Since 2004, the Frogs are 27-7 against UTA.
• UT Arlington is 5-16 all-time at Lupton Stadium.
• TCU and UT Arlington have played every season since 1969.
• TCU will play 31 games at home this season.
• TCU went 28-4 at home last season.
• Under the guidance of Jim Schlossnagle, TCU is 338-106 in games played at Lupton Stadium.
• TCU is 113-23 at home over the last three-plus seasons.
• TCU ranked 10th nationally in average attendance this year with an average of 4,785.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB