TCU Concludes Homestand Wednesday
Feb. 23, 2016
FORT WORTH - TCU wraps up its season-opening four game homestand Wednesday night when it hosts Arkansas-Pine Bluff at 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday: Devon Roedahl (TCU) vs. TBA (UAPB)
• TCU took a 2-1 series victory over Loyola Marymount Opening Weekend.
• After dropping the season-opener, TCU bounced back with consecutive shutouts to earn the series win.
• TCU upped its shutout total to 26 games since the start of the 2014 season, a mark that is tops in the NCAA.
• The Horned Frog pitching staff hasn’t allowed an earned run in its last 24 2/3 innings pitched.
• On Sunday, head coach Jim Schlossnagle became the all-time winningest coach in TCU baseball history with his 518th win in the Purple and White.
• Luken Baker earned Big 12 Newcomer of the Week after tossing six shutout innings and hitting a home run on Sunday.
• Baker’s home run marks the second consecutive season that a freshman has tallied the first home run of the season.
• Elliott Barzilli burst out of the gates offensively with a league-leading .636 batting average in the first three games of the season.
ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF NOTABLES
• Arkansas-Pine Bluff was picked to finish second in the SWAC’s west division.
• Shortstop Roberto Colon and pitcher Blake Estep were first-team preseason all-conference.
• Outfielder Jerimiah Figueroa and designated hitter Chris Burns were tabbed preseason second-team all-conference.
• The Golden Lions came out of Opening Weekend winless in three tries against North Dakota State.
• One of the three losses was a 10-inning setback on Saturday.
• Offensively, the team hit at a .273 clip with five extra base hits.
• Jaqueese Moore put together a solid season debut, hitting .538 (7-for-13).
• Jaylen Jackson and Jordan Knox tied for the team-lead with three RBIs each.
• On the mound, the Golden Lions utilized 11 pitchers.
• Anthony Bowmaker made two appearances, tossing a combined three scoreless innings.
• Defensively, UAPB allowed 13 stolen bases.
• In the field, the Golden Lions committed just two errors.
• Arkansas-Pine Bluff and TCU are playing each other for the second time in program history.
• Arkansas-Pine Bluff holds a 1-0 record in the series.
• The lone meeting between the two programs came back on March 5, 2013.
• The Golden Lions took a 6-4 victory at Lupton Stadium.
Elliott Barzilli has busted out of the gates at the plate, hitting a robust .636 after the first three games. He paces the Big 12 field with his average. His seven hits on the season are tied for third in the league.
Since coming to TCU in the fall of 2014, Barzilli is hitting .288 in 36 games played. He has started at least one game at three of the four infield positions since coming to TCU and all four positions in his collegiate career.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB