Feb. 25, 2010
FORT WORTH, Texas -
The No. 9 TCU Horned Frogs hit the road for the first time In 2010 as they head west for a clash with the sixth-ranked Cal State Fullerton Titans. The games begin a stretch of seven of the next eight on the road for the Frogs. Friday night's series opener is slated to begin at 9 p.m .(CST).
#9 TCU @ #6 CAL STATE FULLERTON
FRIDAY, FEB. 26 - 9 p.m.
Steven Maxwell (1-0, 0.00) vs. Daniel Renkin (0-1, 4.76)
SATURDAY, FEB. 27 - 8 p.m.
Matt Purke (1-0, 5.40) vs. Noe Ramirez (0-1, 6.00)
FRIDAY, FEB. 24 --- 3 p.m.
Kyle Winkler (1-0, 3.00) vs. Tyler Pill (1-0, 0.00)
GOODWIN FIELD | FULLERTON, CALIF.
Internet: www.gofrogs.com | Radio: KTCU 88.7 FM
* The Horned Frogs climbed as high as No. 9 in the polls (NCBWA), which marks the highest-ever ranking in school history.
* TCU is the preseason favorite to win the league for the fifth straight season.
* The Frogs are 3-0 on the season for the first time since the 2005 campaign.
* TCU hit a robust .392 in the three game series this past weekend.
* Jerome Pena collected the first of three Horned Frog home runs on the weekend.
* The pitching staff posted an ERA of 2.88 as a whole.
* Five Horned Frogs made their Division I baseball debut this past weekend.
* The Horned Frogs will play 28 road games in 2010.
* TCU holds a 84-59 (.549) record on the road under head coach Jim Schlossnagle.
* In 2009, the Frogs played 27 games away from home, finishing 18-9 on the season.
CAL STATE FULLERTON NOTABLES
* The Titans enter the weekend ranked in the top 11 of all the major polls.
* Cal State Fullerton hosted a tournament this past weekend and lost two of three.
* Offensively, the Titans have gotten off to a slow start, hitting just .240 as a group with 11 runs scored.
* On the mound, the titans have a 3.67 ERA and are holding opponents to a .243 average.
SERIES HISTORY - CAL STATE FULLERTON
* TCU and Cal State Fullerton are meeting for the third straight season and this on-going series is tied at three games each.
* Overall, Cal State Fullerton leads the series 7-3.
* The Frogs won the series in 2009 at Goodwin Field.
* After dropping the first game, the Frogs won the final two games of the series.
* Head coach Jim Schlossnagle is 4-8 all-time against the Titans.