Preview: UC Irvine
March 2, 2018
FORT WORTH – TCU will continue its stretch of playing four days in a row Friday night when it opens up a three game series against UC Irvine. The Horned Frogs are riding a three game hitting entering the weekend.
• TCU made it 2-for-2 in series victories with a 2-1 series win over Long Beach State this past weekend.
• TCU stretched its winning streak to three games with a 14-1 run-rule victory over UT Arlington Thursday.
• The bullpen has tossed 16 1/3 consecutive scoreless innings over the last four games and boasts a 0.90 ERA this season.
• Defensively, the Frogs committed just one error on in their last four games, raising their fielding percentage to .980.
• TCU’s offense has tallied double-digit hits in five of seven games this year.
• Josh Watson (.440) and Adam Oviedo (.408) have hit safely in all seven games this season.
• Oviedo’s .407 average ranks 20th among all freshmen in the NCAA.
• Luken Baker stretched his reached base safely streak to 35 games dating back to last year.
• Durbin Feltman is inching closer to the school career record for saves with his 28th on Sunday. He needs just five more to own the record.
UC IRVINE NOTABLES
• UC Irvine has won both of its series this season, taking two of three from Nevada and Gonzaga.
• The Anteaters are coming off a 9-4 victory against San Diego State.
• UC Irvine’s lone road contest came at Loyola Marymount, a 6-5 victory in 11 innings.
• The Anteaters are hitting .262 as a team and averaging 4.5 runs per game.
• Jacob Castro has gotten off to a solid start hitting .438, while Nick Anderson leads the way with eight RBIs.
• On the mound, the Anteaters boast a 2.80 ERA and have fanned 73 batters in 74 innings of work.
• Friday night starter Andre Pallante has not allowed a run in 13 1/3 innings pitched this season.
• Defensively, UC Irvine has been sound with just six errors for a .980 fielding percentage.
• They have surrendered seven stolen bases in eight attempts.
• TCU and UC Irvine are playing a weekend series for the second year in a row.
• UC Irvine is the second opponent from the Big West on TCU’s schedule this season (Long Beach State).
• The Horned Frogs and the Anteaters will be meeting for the fourth time on the field on Friday night.
• UC Irvine took two of three on its home field in 2017.
• The Anteaters won 11-2 and 6-3 in the first two games of the season before the Frogs won 16-7 in the series finale.
• TCU will play 31 games at home this season.
• TCU went 28-4 at home last season.
• Under the guidance of Jim Schlossnagle, TCU is 339-106 in games played at Lupton Stadium.
• TCU is 114-23 at home over the last three-plus seasons.
• TCU sold a school-record 2,764 season tickets.
• TCU ranked 10th nationally in average attendance this year with an average of 4,785.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB