Preview: At Rice
March 12, 2018
HOUSTON - TCU will wrap up its road trip on Tuesday night when it takes on Rice at Reckling Park. Game time against the Owls is set for 6:30 p.m.
• TCU saw its fifth game impacted by weather already this season when its game against UCLA was canceled on Saturday.
• The Frogs went 1-1 over the weekend with a win a USC and a loss to Vanderbilt in Dodger Stadium.
• TCU ranks fourth in the Big 12 in offense (.282), third in pitching (3.14) and second in fielding (.976).
• TCU is 14th nationally with just 2.68 walks allowed per game and 11th in K:BB ratio (3.66).
• TCU’s seven errors are the fewest in the Big 12, while the eight stolen bases against are the second fewest.
• Jared Janczak was named the Big 12 Pitcher of the Week for the third time in his career.
• Josh Watson is the lone Frog to have tallied a hit in all 13 games this season.
• Watson is one of five hitters in the Big 12 batting over .400 this season.
• Conner Shepherd hit his first career home run at Dodger Stadium on Sunday and led TCU with 4 RBIs over the weekend.
• A.J. Balta has reached base safely in 12 straight games and leads the team with six doubles.
• Rice dropped a home series to Gonzaga over the weekend to fall to 7-10 on the year.
• The Owls are just 4-6 in their last 10 games.
• Rice is 2-1 in midweek games, including a 1-0 mark at Reckling Park.
• As a team, the Owls are hitting .271 and averaging 4.6 runs per game.
• Ford Proctor leads the Owls offensively with a .467 average and 17 RBIs.
• Justin Collins owns three of the Owls’ nine home runs.
• On the mound, the staff has a collective ERA of 4.29 and they are limiting opponents to a .251 average.
• Evan Kraveta and Willy Amador lead Rice with six appearances on the season.
• Defensively, the Owls have surrendered 16 stolen bases and have committed 22 errors for a .965 fielding percentage.
• Tuesday marks the 244th all-time meeting between the two former SWC rivals.
• Rice owns a 123-119-1 record in the all-time series.
• TCU has won four straight over the Owls, including two victories in 2016.
• The Frogs are 5-10 against the Owls under Jim Schlossnagle.
• TCU is 2-5 at Reckling Park since the start of the 2004 season.
• The Frogs took a 6-4 win over the Owls in their last trip to Reckling Park on March 15, 2016.
• The midweek series with Rice started in 2014.
• TCU will play 22 games on the road this season.
• The Frogs opened the season on the road and boasts a 3-1 mark away from home in 2018.
• Under the guidance of Jim Schlossnagle, TCU is 203-125 in games played on the opposition’s home field.
• TCU is 36-28 in midweek road games under the guidance of Schlossnagle.
• TCU is 59-32 on the road since the start of the 2014 season.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB