TCU Set For Midweek Game at Abilene Christian
March 20, 2017
FORT WORTH - TCU will look to get back in the win column Tuesday night when it heads west to take on Abilene Christian at Crutcher Scott Field. Game time against the Wildcats is set for 6:30 p.m.
Dalton Horton vs. Nick Skeffington
• TCU remained ranked in the top 5 of all the national polls this week.
• TCU opened conference play with a 2-1 series victory over Kansas.
• TCU went a perfect 4-for-4 in stolen bases over the weekend, giving it a league-leading 33 on the season.
• The offense has struggle over the last week, averaging just 2.75 runs per game.
• TCU’s defense is on the rise with just four errors in its last eight games.
• Four of TCU’s 11 runs scored against Kansas came with two outs.
• Jared Janczak was named the Big 12 Pitcher of the Week after throwing 8 no-hit innings and fanning a career-high 14.
• Nolan Brown swiped two bases to increase his league-leading total to 10.
• Josh Watson has reached base safely in 14 straight games.
• Cam Warner hit safely in all three games this season, leading TCU with a .417 average against Kansas.
• Durbin Feltman registered his fourth save of the season, making hit 13-for-13 in his career.
ABILENE CHRISTIAN NOTABLES
• Abilene Christian is just 2-6 in its last eight games, that’s on the heels of a seven game winning streak.
• The Wildcats were swept in a three game series at New Orleans this past weekend.
• Abilene Christian is 2-1 in midweek games this season with wins vs. UT Permian Basin and at UT Arlington.
• All but four games this season for ACU have been played at home.
• The Wildcats are hitting .300 as a team with 48 doubles, one triple and 11 home runs.
• Russell Crippen (.392) and Luis Trevino (.382) pace the Wildcats in batting average.
• Trevino boasts 23 RBIs and is tied for the team lead with two home runs.
• On the mound, the staff has a 5.60 ERA and is allowing opponents to hit at a .286 clip.
• Derek Scott has nine of ACU’s 21 stolen bases on the season.
• Brandon Lambright and Ryan Kotulek lead the Wildcats with nine appearances each out of the bullpen.
• Lambright has three of the Wildcats four saves.
• Defensively, the team has a .971 fielding percentage.
• TCU and Abilene Christian will be meeting on the diamond for the 21st time on Tuesday night.
• The contest marks the first of two games against the Wildcats this season. TCU will host Abilene Christian on May 2.
• TCU is a perfect 20-0 against Abilene Christian.
• The 2015 season marked the first time the teams had met since the 1995 campaign.
• TCU won the only meeting against the Wildcats last season, winning 6-4 at Lupton Stadium on March 22.
• TCU will play 23 road games during the 2017 regular season.
• The Horned Frogs have a 2-3 record on the road this season.
• TCU is 1-1 in road midweek games this year, including 1-0 in the state of Texas.
• Under the guidance of Jim Schlossnagle, TCU is 189-117 in games played on the opposition’s home field.
• TCU is 45-24 on the road over the last three seasons.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB