TCU Starts Road Trip Tuesday At Dallas Baptist
April 10, 2017
FORT WORTH - Riding a 12-game winning streak, No. 3 TCU opens a four-game road trip Tuesday night at Dallas Baptist. First pitch at Horner Ballpark is set for 6:30 p.m.
• TCU has moved up to No. 2 in one poll, while remaining steady at No. 3 in the others.
• TCU swept its opponent for the third straight weekend, pushing its winning streak to 12 games, the second-longest active streak in the NCAA.
• TCU hit .357 over the weekend, raising its team batting average to a season-high .273.
• The Horned Frog pitching staff continues to lower its ERA, lowering it to 3.29, a mark that ranks third in the Big 12.
• Luken Baker stretched his hitting streak to 12 games, while Elliott Barzilli extended his to nine.
• Six Horned Frogs have on-base streaks of 10 or more games, led by 19 straight for Austen Wade.
• The Frogs went 7-for-7 in stolen bases and now rank 11th nationally with 56 on the season.
• The Frogs drew 22 walks over the season to bring its season total to 179, a mark that ranks 10th nationally.
• TCU is one of three Big 12 squads with over 300 strikeouts and is the only conference school with fewer than 100 walks allowed (89).
DALLAS BAPTIST NOTABLES
• Dallas Baptist went 0-4 last week, dropping a midweek contest at Texas A&M and getting swept at Missouri State.
• The Patriots are riding a seven game home winning streak.
• Dallas Baptist is 0-3 against the Big 12 this season (0-2 vs. Baylor and 0-1 vs. TCU).
• Dallas Baptist ranks fifth in the NCAA with 49 home runs on the year.
• Austin Listi leads the home run hitters with 10, followed by seven each from Camden Duzenack and Jameson Hannah.
• The team is hitting .289 and averaging 7.1 runs per game. Hannah has a team-high 46 hits and 35 runs scored.
• On the mound, the staff has posted a 4.46 ERA with three shutouts.
• Travis Stone has made a team-high 16 appearances out of the bullpen.
• Defensively, the Patriots have committed 41 errors and surrendered 26 stolen bases.
• TCU and Dallas Baptist are meeting for the 70th time in program history.
• The Frogs hold a 44-25 lead in the all-time series.
• 2017 marks the 14th straight season that the two programs have met on the diamond. TCU is 16-12 in that stretch.
• TCU won this season’s first meeting, taking a 3-2 come-from-behind victory in 10 innings at Lupton Stadium.
• TCU is 5-3 against Dallas Baptist at Horner Ballpark under head coach Jim Schlossnagle.
• TCU will play 23 road games during the 2017 regular season.
• The Horned Frogs have a 6-3 record on the road this season.
• TCU is 2-1 in midweek road games this year.
• Tuesday at Dallas Baptist is TCU’s last road midweek game of the season.
• TCU has four more weekend road series this year.
• Under the guidance of Jim Schlossnagle, TCU is 193-117 in games played on the opposition’s home field.
• TCU is 49-24 on the road over the last three seasons.
The Horned Frogs have rattled off 12 straight victories since a 4-3 loss to Kansas on March 19. It’s the second-longest active streak in the nation behind Oregon State’s 23 game streak.
TCU has been getting it done in all facets of the game, hitting .306 as a team, pitching to the tune of a 2.10 ERA and fielding at a .976 clip.
Austen Wade leads the offensive surge with a .467 average (21-for-45). Cam Warner leads the way with 17 RBIs during the streak. On the mound, Brian Howard leads the way with a trio of vicotries, while Jared Janczak has posted a miniscule 0.86 ERA. Durbin Feltman has four saves. The staff is limiting opponents to a .206 batting average.
In the last seven games, TCU has hit a trio of grand slams, one each from Mason Hesse, Evan Skoug and Cam Warner. It’s the first time since the 2010 season that the Horned Frogs have hit multiple grand slams in one season. TCU hit three in 2010.
Seventeen of TCU’s 29 home runs on the season have come with runners on base. Ten have been two-run shots, while four others have been three-run home runs.
Austen Wade has been a key cog in TCU’s winning streak hitting in the lead-off spot. In 11 games played, Wade has led the Frogs with a .467 average. He raised his average 75 points to a team-best .342 in the 11 games.
He has nine multi-hit games this year and ranks fourth on the team with seven multi-RBI contests. He enters Tuesday’s contest carrying a 19 game on-base streak. He’s tallied a hit in 15 of those games and boasts a .524 on-base percentage. Additionally, he has recorded a hit in seven straight plate appearances.
Elliott Barzilli battled through a 10-game stretch from March 10-26 that saw him register just one hit in 36 at-bats. In the nine games that have followed, Barzilli has registered a hit in all of them.
He has raised his average 58 points over the last nine games. Barzilli is hitting .353 (12-for-34) during the streak with three doubles, two home runs and seven RBIs.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB