Homestand Concludes Tuesday Against SFA
April 24, 2017
FORT WORTH - TCU wraps up its four-game homestand Tuesday night when it plays host to Stephen F. Austin. First pitch is set for 6:30 p.m. The game will be televised on FSSW+.
• TCU increased its lead in the Big 12 standings to two games with a series win over Baylor.
• TCU climbed back into the top 5 of rankings, checking in as high as No. 4 in the Baseball America poll.
• The Horned Frogs rank fifth in the Big 12 in offense (.277) and third in ERA (3.79).
• Defensively the Frogs have climbed to fourth in the Big 12 with a .976 fielding percentage thanks to just two errors in its last six games.
• TCU added a pair of stolen bases to bring its season total to 69, a mark that ranks 15th nationally.
• TCU ranks 23rd nationally with its 7.4 runs per game average.
• TCU is tied for the Big 12 lead with 37 home runs this season. The Horned Frogs have homered in 22 games this year.
• Austin Wade reached base safely in all three games to stretch his reached base streak to 26.
• Evan Skoug matched his career-high with his ninth home run on Sunday.
• Nolan Brown continues to lead the league with his 21 stolen bases, a mark that ranks eighth nationally.
• Dalton Brown recorded his first career save Sunday.
STEPHEN F. AUSTIN NOTABLES
• Stephen F. Austin is coming off a 2-1 series win at TAMU-Corpus Christi.
• The Lumberjacks are 7-4 in midweek games this season, including 0-1 against the Big 12 (a 2-1 loss to Baylor last week).
• SFA boasts a .282 batting average and is averaging 6.4 runs per game.
• Josh Evans leads the team with a .409 average and ranks second on the team with seven home runs.
• Tyler Kendrick has contributed nine of the team’s 30 stolen bases.
• On the mound, the staff owns a 4.31 ERA and is limiting opponents to a .255 batting average.
• Will Vest leads the team with 23 appearances out of the bullpen and boasts a 0.61 ERA.
• Tyler Starks has a team-leading three saves in 22 appearances.
• Defensively, the Lumberjacks rank 23rd nationally with 39 double plays turned.
• The 35 errors committed by the Lumberjacks have led to 29 unearned runs scored.
• Tuesday’s meeting will be the 16th of the series.
• The Horned Frogs hold an 11-4 series lead.
• TCU is 4-2 against the Lumberjacks under coach Schlossnagle.
• SFA is making its second trek to TCU since the 2013 season. SFA won that contest 6-3 on April 10, 2013.
• TCU and SFA have split the last four meetings after TCU topped the ‘Jacks 3-2 win on May 17, 2016.
• Prior to a 4-3 loss in 2011, the Frogs had won seven straight dating back to the 1990 season.
• The Lumberjacks’ head coach Johnny Cardenas is a former Horned Frog (1992-93).
• Under the guidance of Jim Schlossnagle, TCU is 331-105 in games played at Lupton Stadium.
• TCU is 103-22 at home over the last three-plus seasons, including a school-record 33 wins in 2015.
• TCU was tops among private schools and ranked 11th nationally in average attendance in 2016.
• TCU boasted a program-best average of 4,283 fans in 2016.
• TCU ranks 10th nationally in average attendance this year with an average of 4,812.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB