April 29, 2010
FORT WORTH, Texas -
The fifth-ranked TCU Horned Frogs continue an eight-game road trip as they travel west for a three-game conference series at Utah. TCU sits atop the league standings, while the Utes come into the weekend in fourth. Friday's series-opener is slated to begin at 7 p.m. (CST). Saturday's contest will air live on CBS College Sports beginning at 6 p.m. (CST). Sunday's series finale is set for 2 p.m. (CST)
#5 TCU vs. UTAH
FRIDAY, APRIL 30 - 7 p.m.
Matt Purke (7-0, 3.81) vs. Jordan Whatcott (4-5, 4.24)
SATURDAY, MAY 1 - 6 p.m.
Kyle Winkler (6-0, 3.73) vs. Rick Anton (6-2, 3.41)
SUNDAY, MAY 2 - 2 p.m.
Steve Maxwell (6-0, 2.83) vs. Bryn Card (2-2. 3.71)
LINDQUIST FIELD | OGDEN, UTAH
Internet: www.gofrogs.com | Radio: KTCU
TV: CBS College Sports (Live Saturday)
WHERE TO FIND CBS COLLEGE SPORTS:
Charter: Channel 290
DirecTV: Channel 613
Dish Network: Channel 152
AT&T/U-Verse: Channel 643 (Standard)/1643 (HD)
Time Warner Cable: Channel 195 (Standard)/790 (HD)
* TCU split their midweek home-and-home series against Baylor.
* The Frogs still own a league-winning streak of six games with a sweep over UNLV this past weekend.
* TCU won in dramatic fashion on Saturday on a walk-off home run from Matt Curry.
* In total, the Frogs pounded out six home runs in Saturday's win.
* Taylor Featherston had a good weekend with a pair of home runs and six RBIs.
* Steven Maxwell and Matt Purke earned their sixth wins of the season.
* Defensively, the Frogs committed just three errors last week and have raised their fielding percentage to .972.
* The Horned Frogs are 13-6 away from home this season, including an 11-5 mark on an opponent's field.
* TCU holds a 95-64 (.597) road record under head coach Jim Schlossnagle.
* The Frogs recently saw their six-game road winning streak end and have now lost two straight away from home.
* Utah has been off this week after dropping a 2-1 series at BYU this past weekend.
* All told, the Utes have won just three of their last 11 games.
* Last year's Freshman of the Year, C.J. Cron is one of the top offensive players in the league with a .411 average and 11 home runs.
* Offensively, the Utes are hitting .307 as a team.
* On the mound, the staff has the second-lowest ERA in the league at 4.36.
* Defensively, the club has a .970 fielding percentage.
* They have flashed the speed this season with 43 stolen bases.
* TCU and Utah will be meeting for the 29th time on Friday night.
* The Frogs hold a 22-6 series lead.
* TCU is 16-5 against Utah since Jim Schlossnagle took over the reins in 2004.
* Utah and TCU each won four games in the series last year.
* The Frogs have a 13-5 record against Utah since joining the conference in 2006.