TCU Wraps Up Home Slate Tuesday Night
May 15, 2017
FORT WORTH - TCU makes a brief stop at home Tuesday night to wrap up its regular season home schedule when it hosts UT Arlington at 6:30. The game is slated to be televised on FSSW+.
• TCU clinched at least a share of the Big 12 regular season title with Friday night’s win at Oklahoma.
• TCU dropped a hard-fought series at OU via two walk-off wins by the Sooners.
• TCU worked 17 walks over the weekend and now ranks sixth nationally with 277 on the season.
• TCU added three home runs over the weekend and is tied for third in the league with 47.
• TCU has allowed the second-fewest stolen bases in the Big 12.
• TCU’s 82 stolen bases rank 21st nationally.
• Evan Skoug added a pair of home runs this season and now has 14 on the year, the most since Bryan Holaday had 17 in 2010.
• Ryan Merrill hit .500 in the Oklahoma series and carries an 18-game on-base percentage into Tuesday.
• Nolan Brown added his 24th stolen base over the weekend, a mark that leads the league and ranks 11th nationally.
• Durbin Feltman’s 12th save of the season on Friday was his 21st career save, moving him into 2nd place all-time at TCU.
UT ARLINGTON NOTABLES
• UT Arlington sits atop the Sunbelt Western Division with a 19-8 conference record.
• The Mavericks dropped three close games at home over the weekend to Coastal Carolina.
• UT Arlington is 3-7 in midweek games this season.
• The Mavericks have been good away from home with 16 wins in 21 contests.
• UTA is 15-5 in its last 20 contests entering Tuesday.
• Will Olson leads a Maverick squad that is hitting .277 with a .325 batting average.
• Omar Salinas leads the team with eight home runs and 40 RBIs.
• Noah Vaughn has 10 of the Mavericks 39 stolen bases this season.
• On the mound, the staff boasts a 3.83 ERA and is limiting opponents to a .260 batting average.
• Daniel James has 13 saves in 19 appearances out of the bullpen.
• Austin Gardner leads the Mavericks with 26 appearances this season.
• The Horned Frogs and the Mavericks will be meeting for the 156th time on Tuesday.
• TCU holds a 97-58 edge in the all-time series.
• Tuesday is the final of three meetings between the two teams this season. TCU played twice at Clay Gould Ballpark this season.
• TCU has won both meetings this season, 7-2 (Feb. 21) and 5-4 at UTA (April 4).
• TCU went 2-1 in the season series in 2016. The Frogs won 17-4 in the only meeting in Arlington.
• Since 2004, the Frogs are 26-7 against UTA.
• TCU and UT Arlington have played every season since 1969.
• Under the guidance of Jim Schlossnagle, TCU is 335-106 in games played at Lupton Stadium.
• TCU is 106-23 at home over the last three-plus seasons, including a school-record 33 wins in 2015.
• TCU was tops among private schools and ranked 11th nationally in average attendance in 2016.
• TCU boasted a program-best average of 4,283 fans in 2016.
• TCU ranks 10th nationally in average attendance this year with an average of 4,840.
• TCU has had 11 crowds over 5,000 this year.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB