Preview: at #17 Texas
May 16, 2018
(30-19, 10-10 Big 12)
(34-18, 14-7 Big 12)
FORT WORTH -- TCU will concluded the regular season this week with a three game series at No. 17 Texas beginning Thursday night at 6:30. All three games will be nationally televised with Thursday's series opener slated for FS1 and the final two games on the Longhorn Network.
Thursday: LHP Nick Lodolo vs. RHP Nolan Kingham
Friday: RHP Jake Eissler vs. RHP Chase Shugart
Saturday: TBA vs. RHP Blair Henley
• TCU has won three straight after taking the series from WVU and winning on Tuesday night at SFA.
• TCU has won 11 of its last 13 games dating back to April 24.
• TCU ranks seventh in batting average (.264), second in the Big 12 in ERA (3.42) and sixth in fielding percentage (.970).
• TCU has drawn 84 walks in its last 13 games and now ranks 13th nationally with 272 walks on the season.
• TCU has tallied 33 strikeouts in its last four games and ranks second in the Big 12 with 476 on the season. Nationally, TCU ranks 14th in K:BB ratio (2.87) and 15th in K/9 (9.70).
• The Frogs have allowed the second fewest stolen bases in the Big 12 (31).
• Coby Boulware ranks fifth among NCAA freshmen with 23 stolen bases. He is the first freshman under Schlossnagle to have 20 stolen bases.
• Josh Watson has reached safely in 13 straight.
• Michael Landestoy and Conner Shepherd homered in Tuesday’s win at Stephen F. Austin.
• Texas is coming off a 2-1 series win at Texas Tech and a midweek victory over Texas State.
• The Longhorns are 5-2 in Big 12 series this season with series losses to West Virginia and Kansas State.
• Texas is 6-4 in its last 10 games played.
• Texas ranks fifth in the Big 12 in batting average (.275), fifth in ERA (4.57) and first in fielding (.977) and double plays turned (59).
• Texas has allowed the second-most home runs in the Big 12 (40).
• Kody Clemens is second in the Big 12 with 16 home runs and third with 55 RBIs. He leads the Longhorns with a .345 average.
• David Hamilton leads the Big 12 with 27 stolen bases in 34 attempts. • Josh Sawyer leads the Longhorns with 22 appearances, while Andy McGuire has seven of the team’s 16 saves.
• TCU and Texas will be meeting for the 299th time on Friday. Texas holds a 224-72-2 series lead.
• TCU and Texas have played just 41 times since the demise of the Southwest Conference in 1996 with TCU holding a 22-19 advantage.
• TCU swept the regular season series at Lupton and went 1-1 against the Longhorns in the Big 12 tourney.
• TCU has won four of the five series against Texas (2-1 in Fort Worth in 2013, 3-0 at Texas in 2014, 3-0 in Fort Worth in 2015, 1-2 at Texas in 2016, 3-0 in Fort Worth in 2017) since joining the Big 12.
• TCU is 17-9 against Texas under the guidance of head coach Jim Schlossnagle, including 7-6 in Austin.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB