TCU Looks To Stay Alive Tuesday Afternoon
June 19, 2017
OMAHA - For the third straight season, TCU and Texas A&M will meet in the postseason. Tuesday afternoon's contest will be an elimination contest as both team's dropped their opener on Sunday. First pitch is set for 1 p.m. on ESPN.
• TCU fell to 4-1 in Game 1 of the College World Series with a 3-0 loss to Florida on Sunday.
• TCU was shut out for just the second time this season, the first coming on March 14 at Long Beach State.
• TCU’s 57 home runs on the season are the most since the 2010 campaign.
• TCU tallied seven strikeouts in Sunday’s loss bringing its school-record total to 600 on the season.
• TCU’s 600 strikeouts as a team ranks fourth nationally, while its 2.99 K:BB ratio ranks 13th.
• TCU’s 102 stolen bases rank 10th nationally, while Nolan Brown ranks 11th nationally with 26 stolen bases.
• TCU has four players with 10 or more stolen bases.
• Austen Wade has reached safely in 13 straight games.
• Evan Skoug became the first 20-home run hitter under the guidance of head coach Jim Schlossnagle and the first since 1997 (Chris Connally).
• Durbin Feltman is tied for the national lead with 17 saves on the season.
• Jared Janczak suffered his first loss of the seasonon Sunday. It was his third career start in the CWS.
Brian Howard NOTABLES
• Brian Howard is the first Horned Frog since Alex Young in 2015 to record 100+ strikeouts in a season.
• Howard is the first pitcher in school history to post back-to-back 10-win seasons.
• Howard is 3-0 with a 1.17 ERA in three postseason starts (including the Big 12 Tournament) this season. He has 26 Ks in 23 innings pitched.
• In his career at the CWS, Howard has made two appearances and started one game. He is 1-0 with a 4.05 ERA in 6 2/3 innings pitched with 7 Ks.
COLLEGE WORLD SERIES NOTABLES
• TCU is making its fifth trip to the College World Series having advance previously in 2010, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
• TCU is one of two teams appearing in the CWS for the fifth time in the last six years. • The Frogs are 8-9 all-time in the College World Series.
• TCU has two wins over Florida State, two over LSU, two against Texas Tech and one each against UCLA and Coastal Carolina in Omaha.
• The Frogs’ losses came twice to Coastal Carolina, UCLA and Vanderbilt and once each to Florida, Virginia and Ole Miss.
• TCU is 5-7 all-time at TD Ameritrade Park.
• Tuesday’s meeting against Texas A&M will the 260th.
• Texas A&M leads the series 162-93-4.
• The Frogs are 8-6 against the Aggies under the guidance of Jim Schlossnagle.
• TCU is 5-2 against the Aggies the last two seasons, with six of the seven meetings coming in the NCAA Super Regional.
• TCU and TAMU played earlier this season on a neutral site with TCU taking an 11-10 victory in 15 innings.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB