TCU Aims To Keep Its Season Alive Thursday
June 21, 2017
FORT WORTH - TCU will fight to stay alive in the College World Series Thursday night when it takes on Louisville at 7 p.m. on ESPN2. The Horned Frogs are coming off a 4-1 victory over Texas A&M on Tuesday, while Louisville dropped a 5-1 decision to Florida Tuesday night.
• TCU staved off elimination on Tuesday with a 4-1 victory over Texas A&M.
• TCU has eliminated Texas A&M all four seasons the teams have met at least once in the NCAA Tournament (2012, 2015, 2016, 2017).
• Omaha-native Ryan Merrill hit TCU’s 58th home run of the season, the most since the 2010 campaign.
• TCU allowed less than three earned runs for the seventh consecutive game dating back to June 3 (the entire NCAA Tournament).
• The TCU pitching staff tallied double-digit strikeouts for the 28th time this season bringing their school-record total to 614.
• TCU’s 103 stolen bases rank 10th nationally, while Nolan Brown ranks 11th nationally with 26 stolen bases.
• TCU has scored multiple runs in 101 innings this season.
• Austen Wade has reached safely in 14 straight games.
• Nolan Brown has hit safely in nine straight games.
• All seven of Evan Skoug’s postseason hits have gone for extra bases (3 doubles; 4 home runs).
• Sean Wymer earned his third career save on Tuesday.
STARTING PITCHER NOTABLES
• Nick Lodolo was the highest unsigned draft pick in the 2016 MLB Draft.
• Lodolo last started a game in the Big 12 Tournament against Kansas on May 24.
• Mitchell Traver was drafted for the fourth time in his career, getting selected in the 20th round by the Angels.
• Traver has allowed just three runs in his last three starts spanning 18 2/3 innings. He has 21 Ks and just four walks in that span.
´COLLEGE WORLD SERIES NOTABLES
• TCU is making its fifth trip to the College World Series having advance previously in 2010, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
• TCU is one of two teams appearing in the CWS for the fifth time in the last six years.
• The Frogs are 9-9 all-time in the College World Series.
• TCU has two wins over Florida State, two over LSU, two against Texas Tech and one each against UCLA, Texas A&M and Coastal Carolina in Omaha.
• The Frogs’ losses came twice to Coastal Carolina, UCLA and Vanderbilt and once each to Florida, Virginia and Ole Miss.
• TCU is 6-7 all-time at TD Ameritrade Park.
• Thursday’s meeting against Louisville will be the 17th.
• All 16 previous meetings came when TCU and Louisville were members of Conference USA from 2002-05.
• TCU won all four series the teams played as members of C-USA.
• TCU leads the series 11-5, including a mark of 3-1 at a neutral site.
• The Frogs are 6-2 against the Cardinals under the guidance of Jim Schlossnagle.
NEUTRAL SITE NOTABLES
• TCU played three regular season neutral site contests at the Shriners Hospital for Children’s College Classic in addition to the Big 12 Tournament.
• TCU is 7-3 in neutral site contests this season.
• The Frogs went 3-0 in the College Classic and 3-2 in the Big 12 Tournament.
• TCU owns a record of 72-41 in neutral site games under the guidance of Jim Schlossnagle.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB