TCU Set For Rematch With Florida
June 23, 2017
OMAHA, Neb. - TCU looks to extend its stay in Omaha Friday night in a rematch against Florida. The Horned Frogs need to defeat Florida twice to advance to the Championship series. Game time is set for 7 p.m. on ESPN.
• TCU staved off elimination on Thursday with a 4-3 victory over Louisville.
• TCU has won two games at the CWS for the fourth time in five trips to Omaha.
• Omaha-native Ryan Merrill hit TCU’s 58th home run of the season on Tuesday, the most since the 2010 campaign.
• TCU has allowed three or fewer earned runs for the eighth consecutive game dating back to June 3 (the entire NCAA Tournament).
• TCU tied the CWS record for most stolen bases in one inning with four in the second inning.
• TCU has stolen multiple bases in 30 games this year.
• The TCU pitching staff increased its school-record strikeout total to 620 with six Ks on Thursday.
• TCU’s 107 stolen bases rank 7th nationally, while Nolan Brown ranks 11th nationally with 26 stolen bases.
• TCU has scored multiple runs in 102 innings this year.
• Austen Wade has reached safely in 15 straight games.
• All seven of Evan Skoug’s postseason hits have gone for extra bases (3 doubles; 4 home runs).
• Sean Wymer has retired 18 of the 20 batters he’s facd in the the CWS over 6 1/3 innings of work.
Mitchell Traver NOTABLES
• Mitchell Traver was drafted for the fourth time in his career, getting selected in the 20th round by the Angels.
• Traver has allowed just three runs in his last three starts spanning 18 2/3 innings. He has 21 Ks and just four walks in that span.
• TCU is 21-11 in games Traver has started over the course of his career.
´COLLEGE WORLD SERIES NOTABLES
• TCU is making its fifth trip to the College World Series having advance previously in 2010, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
• TCU is one of two teams appearing in the CWS for the fifth time in the last six years.
• The Frogs are 10-9 all-time in the CWS.
• TCU has two wins over Florida State, two over LSU, two against Texas Tech and one each against UCLA, Louisville, Texas A&M and Coastal Carolina in Omaha.
• The Frogs’ losses came twice to Coastal Carolina, UCLA and Vanderbilt and once each to Florida, Virginia and Ole Miss.
• TCU is 7-7 all-time at TD Ameritrade Park.
• TCU and Florida first met on the diamond on Sunday.
• Florid handed TCU a 3-0 loss in Sunday’s game.
• Florida has appeared in the field of 8 in four of TCU’s five appearances. Twice (2010 and 2016), the two teams have been on the same side of the bracket.
• Evan Skoug, Mike Rivera, Dalton Guthrie and Alex Faedo were all teammates on the 2016 USA Baseball Collegiate National Team.
NEUTRAL SITE NOTABLES
• TCU played three regular season neutral site contests at the Shriners Hospital for Children’s College Classic in addition to the Big 12 Tournament.
• TCU is 8-3 in neutral site contests this season.
• The Frogs went 3-0 in the College Classic and 3-2 in the Big 12 Tournament.
• TCU owns a record of 73-41 in neutral site games under the guidance of Jim Schlossnagle.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB