Winner-Take-All Game Set For Saturday
June 24, 2017
OMAHA, Neb. - TCU will look to advance to its first-ever NCAA Championship Series Saturday night when it takes on Florida at 7 on ESPN. It'll be a battle of the aces as Saturday's tilt will feature a rematch of the team's opening game in the 2017 CWS.
• TCU improved to 3-0 in elimination games in Omaha with a 9-2 win over Florida.
• The victory was TCU’s 50th win of the season. It’s the third time in program history the Horned Frogs have tallied 50 wins in a season (54, 2010; 51, 2015).
• Omaha-native Ryan Merrill hit TCU’s 58th home run of the season on Tuesday, the most since the 2010 campaign.
• TCU has allowed three or fewer earned runs for the ninth consecutive game dating back to June 3 (the entire NCAA Tournament).
• The TCU pitching staff increased its school-record strikeout total to 631 with 11 Ks on Friday.
• TCU’s 108 stolen bases rank 7th nationally, while Nolan Brown ranks 11th nationally with 26 stolen bases.
• TCU has scored multiple runs in 105 innings this year.
• Austen Wade has reached safely in 16 straight games.
• Eight of Evan Skoug’s nine postseason hits have gone for extra bases (4 doubles; 4 home runs).
• Skoug now has 71 on the season, tied for the fourth most in a single season and the most since Austin Adams had 71 in 2007.
• Additionally, Skoug is now tied with Chad Huffman (2004-06) for fourth all-time with 168 career RBIs.
Jared Janczak NOTABLES
• For the second time in two seasons, Jared Janczak will be making two starts in the CWS.
• As a starter, Janczak is 11-2 in 21 games started with a 2.46 ERA in 124 1/3 innings pitched.
• TCU is 17-4 in games he has started in his career.
• In seven careeer NCAA postseason starts, Janczak is 2-2 with a 3.43 ERA in 39 1/3 innings pitched to go along with 42 strikeouts.
COLLEGE WORLD SERIES NOTABLES
• TCU is making its fifth trip to the CWS having advance previously in 2010, 2014, 2015 and 2016. • TCU has won three games at the CWS for the second time (2010).
• TCU is one of two teams appearing in the CWS for the fifth time in the last six years.
• The Frogs are 11-9 all-time in the CWS.
• TCU has two wins over Florida State, two over LSU, two against Texas Tech and one each against Florida, UCLA, Louisville, Texas A&M and Coastal Carolina.
• The Frogs’ losses came twice to Coastal Carolina, UCLA and Vanderbilt and once each to Florida, Virginia and Ole Miss.
• TCU is 8-7 all-time at TD Ameritrade Park.
• Saturday’s meeting will be the third in a week.
• TCU evened the all-time series with a 9-2 win Friday.
• Florida has appeared in the field of 8 in four of TCU’s five appearances. Twice (2010 and 2016), the two teams have been on the same side of the bracket.
• Evan Skoug, Mike Rivera, Dalton Guthrie and Alex Faedo were all teammates on the 2016 USA Baseball Collegiate National Team.
NEUTRAL SITE NOTABLES
• TCU played three regular season neutral site contests at the Shriners Hospital for Children’s College Classic in addition to the Big 12 Tournament.
• TCU is 9-3 in neutral site contests this season.
• The Frogs went 3-0 in the College Classic and 3-2 in the Big 12 Tournament.
• TCU owns a record of 74-41 in neutral site games under the guidance of Jim Schlossnagle.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB