TCU Men's Basketball Postgame Notes
Jan. 3, 2017
TCU MEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
TCU vs. Oklahoma
Final: TCU 60, Oklahoma 57
* At 1-1 in the Big 12, the Horned Frogs have their best start in conference play in five seasons in the league.
* TCU’s 13 blocked shots tied for third-most in a game in program history and marked its highest total since a school record 16 versus Rice March 3, 2000.
* The Horned Frogs improved to 10-1 at home.
* TCU defeated Oklahoma for the second time in nine meetings in Big 12 play and just the third time in 21 overall games.
* The Horned Frogs did not take their first lead of the game until 3:38 to play on a pair of Karviar Shepherd free-throws to make it 55-54. TCU trailed by nine, 48-39, with 14:12 remaining.
* TCU returns to action Saturday at West Virginia with a noon CST tip.
* Robinson’s 18 points put him in double figures for the ninth time this season.
* Robinson’s six assists were his most since a career-high 10 at SMU Dec. 7.
* Brandon Parrish’s 10 points were his most since scoring a season-high 20 versus Jacksonville State Nov. 18.
* Parrish had at least one 3-pointer for the sixth time in the last seven games.
* Desmond Bane’s six rebounds marked his third most in a game this season, trailing only his career-high seven on two occasions.
* Karviar Shepherd was 3-of-3 from the field and 2-of-2 at the free-throw line in totaling eight points and five rebounds to go with a key blocked shot with 1:34 left.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB