Feb. 8, 2012
Recap | Final Stats
TCU POSTGAME NOTES
SMU 68, TCU 62
Dallas, Texas (Moody Coliseum)
Feb. 8, 2012
* TCU fell to 13-10 overall this season with its sixth consecutive road setback.
* TCU also dropped to 10-2 this season in games decided by six points or fewer.
* TCU suffered its first defeat this season in eight games against in-state opponents. The Frogs were attempting to become only the third team in program history to finish undefeated against Texas schools.
* TCU concluded its regular-season non-conference schedule with a 10-6 record.
* SMU snapped TCU’s three-game winning streak in the all-time series. The Mustangs now lead the all-time series by a 102-85 margin.
* Garlon Green broke out of a recent offensive slump with 12 points. Prior to Wednesday, he had not reached double figures since the Jan. 14 double-overtime loss at Colorado State, a streak of seven consecutive games.
* Green matched a career high with three 3-pointers, all in the first half. He has now hit three treys in a contest 11 times as a Frog.
* J.R. Cadot scored in double figures for the 13th time this season with a team-high 14 points.
* Cadot’s four steals marked the second-most for a Frog this season. Hank Thorns totaled five thefts during the Nov. 20 loss to Norfolk State in the U.S. Virgin Islands Paradise Jam.
* Hank Thorns extended his career-best streak of consecutive games with at least one 3-pointer to 11. The figure ranks as the third-longest active streak among Mountain West players.
* Thorns dished out a team-high six assists, leading TCU for the 18th time in the category this season. He has collected at least five helpers in 12 games.
* TCU featured its sixth different starting lineup of the season Wednesday with the combination of Hank Thorns, Kyan Anderson, J.R. Cadot, Garlon Green and Amric Fields.
* SMU (52.1 percent) became the 11th TCU opponent this season to finish the game with an overall field-goal percentage of at least 50 percent.