Feb. 22, 2012
Recap | Final Stats | Photo Gallery
TCU 65, Air Force 62
USAFA, Colo. (Clune Arena)
Feb. 22, 2012
* TCU improved 16-11 overall, guaranteeing itself its first winning regular season since 2004-05. The Frogs also moved to 6-5 in Mountain West play, keeping pace with Colorado State for fourth place in the league standings.
* The six conference victories match the most ever for the Frogs as a member of the Mountain West. This season each league team plays only 14 games, compared to 16 games in the previous six years.
* TCU snapped a 15-game conference road losing streak that dated back to the 2009-10 season. The Frogs’ last road conference victory came at Wyoming on Feb. 13, 2010, 76-68. The squad had lost five straight to open this season.
* TCU also snapped a seven-game overall road losing streak and is now 3-7 on the opponent’s home court this season.
* TCU improved to 13-3 this season in games decided by six points or fewer, extending its school record for wins within the margin.
* TCU recorded its fourth victory this season when overcoming a deficit of 10 points or more.
* J.R. Cadot recorded his fifth double-double of the season and the eighth of his career with 16 points and a career-high-tying 13 rebounds.
* Eight of Cadot’s rebounding total came on the offensive glass. The Frogs totaled a season-best 22 offensive boards as a team.
* Connell Crossland recorded a career scoring high with nine points.
* TCU posted a 44-26 rebounding advantage Wednesday, it’s largest margin this season.
* Hank Thorns extended his career-long streak of consecutive games with at least one 3-pointer to 15. The figure ranks as the second-longest active streak among Mountain West players.
* Air Force (51.1 percent) became the 14th TCU opponent in 27 games this season to shoot 50 percent or higher from the field against the Frogs.