March 2, 2013
Texas Tech 72, TCU 63
Lubbock, Texas (United Spirit Arena)
March 2, 2013
* TCU dropped to 10-19 overall and 1-15 in Big 12 Conference play.
* Kyan Anderson led the Horned Frogs with 18 points, his most since totaling 19 points Jan. 23 at West Virginia. He matched a career best with four 3-pointers set previously Dec. 4 vs. Houston.
* Anderson scored in double figures for the seventh consecutive contest, extending a career-long streak and the longest run by a Frog this season.
* Devonta Abron fell just two points shy of his career scoring high with 16. He has now reached double figures in three straight games, tying his career-long run.
* Abron sank 8-of-12 shots at the charity stripe. The eight free throws matched his career high set last game, while the 12 attempts were a personal best.
* Adrick McKinney scored in double figures for the first time in eight games (13; Feb. 2 at Texas) with 10 points. McKinney also led the Frogs in rebounds for the team-high 13th time this season with seven boards.
* Charles Hill Jr. scored nine points, his most since a nine-point effort Feb. 16 at Iowa State.
* Garlon Green became the sole owner of TCU’s career record for games played with his 126th appearance, passing former record-holder Femi Ibikunle (125; 2003-07). Green played in his 107th straight contest Saturday.
* Green matched a career best with three steals, all of which came in the first half.
* TCU's 63 points marked its most scored in Big 12 play this season. It's top previous output was 62 points during the Feb. 6 home win over No. 5 Kansas.
* Texas Tech’s overall field-goal percentage of 62.2 percent marked the highest this season against the Frogs. Oklahoma State set the previous high mark of 55.1 percent in TCU’s previous outing.