March 5, 2013
No. 9/10 Kansas State 79, TCU 68
Manhattan, Kan. (Bramlage Coliseum)
March 5, 2013
* TCU dropped to 10-20 overall and 1-16 in Big 12 Conference play.
* TCU set Big 12 season highs in points (68) and field-goal percentage (50.0 percent) while matching its overall season high with six 3-pointers.
* TCU attempted 15 more free throws than KSU, the 11th time in its 17 conference games it finished with more than the opponent.
* Kyan Anderson recorded his sixth career 20-point performance, and the fourth this season, with a game-high 25 points on 10-of-15 shooting.
* Anderson hit a career-best five 3-pointers, breaking his previous best of four recorded on three occasions. Anderson matched his career high in the opening half alone and has now made at least two in each of the past eight games.
* Anderson extended his streak of consecutive games reaching double figures to eight, the most for a Frog since Garlon Green also went eight straight during the 2010-11 campaign.
* Devonta Abron also extended his career-long streak of double-digit efforts to four games by scoring 10 points.
* Abron went to the free-throw line eight times, making four. He has visited the line 30 times over the last three contests.
* Adrick McKinney finished with 10 rebounds, his fifth career double-digit effort and third this season.
* Garlon Green totaled nine points while moving past former Frog Gary Landers (1972-75) into 18th place on TCU’s career scoring list. Green now has 1,118 career points.
* Kansas State’s 27 assists marked the most against TCU since BYU totaled 27 in Provo, Utah, on Feb. 6, 2008.