March 8, 2012
Final Stats |
AP Photo Gallery |
#4 Colorado State 81, #5 TCU 60
2012 Conoco Mountain West Championship Quarterfinal #2
Las Vegas, Nev. (Thomas & Mack Center)
March 8, 2012
* TCU fell to 17-14 overall this season with its third consecutive loss. It marks the first time this season the Frogs have lost three games in a row.
* Hank Thorns led TCU in scoring for the 12th time this season with a game-high 19 points, the sixth time this season he has totaled 19 or more.
* Thorns surpassed the 1,000-point barrier for his career on a 3-pointer with 6:07 remaining in the contest. He has reached both the 1,000-point and 500-assist milestones this season.
* Thorns extended his career-long streak of consecutive games with at least one 3-pointer to 19. The figure ranks as the second-longest active streak among Mountain West players.
* J.R. Cadot scored 10 points, his 20th double-digit performance of the season. He has scored 10 or more nine times in the last 10 outings, a career-best figure.
* Kyan Anderson made his 20th start of the season, matching former Frog Nikola Cerina (2009-10) for the most starts by a TCU freshman under head coach Jim Christian.
* TCU went only 2-of-20 from 3-point range Thursday, snapping the team’s 13-game streak of games making at least six shots from beyond the arc.
* CSU finished the contest shooting 52.6 percent from the field. It marked the third time in three games this season the Rams hit at least 50 percent of their field-goal attempts against the Frogs.