March 14, 2013
No. 7 Texas 70, No. 10 TCU 57
2013 Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship
Kansas City, Mo. (Sprint Center)
March 13, 2013
* TCU concluded its 2012-13 season with an 11-21 overall record.
* Connell Crossland led TCU in scoring for the first time this season in his final game as a Frog with 11 points. It marked his second straight game in double figures.
* Devonta Abron totaled a game-high 11 rebounds, his third double-digit performance this season and team-high seventh of his career.
* Charles Hill, totaled 10 points, his second straight game in double figures following a 13-point performance during the March 9 win over Oklahoma. It marked the first time in Hill’s career that he scored 10 or more in consecutive games.
* Garlon Green finished his career in 17th place on TCU’s career scoring list with 1,138 points. He passed former Frog Mickey McCarty (1966-68) Tuesday in his final contest by totaling two points.
* Tuesday’s contest marked Green’s 129th career appearance, the most ever for a TCU player. He concluded his career with streaks of 110 consecutive games played and 32 straight starts.
* Two other seniors played in their final game Wednesday for TCU. Nate Butler Lind totaled nine points before fouling out late in the second half, while Adrick McKinney scored eight.
* TCU opened the contest making its first 12 free throws before finishing 17-of-22 overall at the line.
* TCU made six 3-pointers, its third straight game with at least six treys. Prior to the final three games, the squad had made only six in a contest three times all season.