TCU Postgame Notes: Fresno State Game
March 15, 2017
TCU MEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
TCU vs. Fresno State (NIT)
Final: TCU 66, Fresno State 59
* The Horned Frogs (20-15) have reached the 20-win mark for the first time since winning 21 games in their NIT season of 2004-05. The 20 victories are an eight-game improvement for TCU over last season.
* TCU made its first postseason appearance since the 2012 CBI. It was the Horned Frogs’ first trip to the NIT since the 2004-05 campaign.
* TCU hosted an NIT game for the first time since facing Oregon March 17, 1999.
* At 14-6, TCU has equaled its most wins at home since a 14-3 mark in the 2011-12 season.
* TCU led 30-25 at the break and is now 17-2 this season when ahead at the half.
* The Horned Frogs held a 39-28 rebounding edge and are now 19-6 this season when outboarding its opponent.
* TCU’s first five field goals were by five different players.
* TCU trailed just once in the game, 43-42, with 11:49 to play.
* Nine of the 10 Horned Frogs who saw action scored.
* Seven Horned Frogs had at least one 3-pointer.
* TCU will play at Iowa Sunday at 6:30 p.m. in the second round of the NIT.
* Kenrich Williams’ 10 rebounds moved him into a tie with Gary Turner (309, 1965-66) for 10th most in a season by a Horned Frog. Next on the list is Ronny Stevenson in ninth place with 311 (1956-57). Stevenson (317, 1957-58) and Doug Arnold (317, 1982-83) share the No. 7 spot.
* Williams recorded his 15th double-double of the season and 17th of his career with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
* Williams led TCU in rebounding for a team-best 26th time this season.
* Williams’ 13 points enabled him to reach double figures for the 20th time this season. He ranks third at TCU in that category.
* Alex Robinson’s team-high 14 points put him in double figures for the 21st time, second on the team. He led the Horned Frogs in scoring for the ninth time this season.
* Robinson’s five assists gave him 195 on the year. He ranks fifth on TCU’s single-season list. Next on the chart is Prince Fowler in fourth place with 200 (1997-98).
* Brandon Parrish played in his 132nd career game, extending his TCU record.
* Parrish had a 3-pointer for a sixth consecutive game after not having any in the previous four contests.
* Jaylen Fisher had two 3-pointers to give him multiple treys in six of his last seven games. He has at least one 3-pointer in 20 of the last 21 contests.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB