TCU Postgame Notes - Overtime Win at Iowa
March 19, 2017
TCU MEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
TCU vs. Iowa
NIT Second Round
Final: TCU 94 – Iowa 92 - OT
* TCU was without starting freshman guard Jaylen Fisher, who suffered a broken left wrist Wednesday against Fresno State and is out for the season.
* TCU advanced to the NIT quarterfinals for the first time since its last NIT appearance in 2004-05. The Horned Frogs will host Richmond Tuesday at 6 p.m. in the Ed and Rae Schollmaier Arena.
* TCU has recorded two postseason victories in the same year for the first time since winning a pair of games to advance to the 2005 NIT quarterfinals.
* The Horned Frogs (21-15) recorded their 21st victory, their most since winning 21 games in their NIT campaign of 2004-05. The 21 victories are a nine-game improvement for TCU over last season.
* TCU improved to 2-0 in overtime this season with both its victories on the road. The Horned Frogs won 86-80 at Kansas State Feb. 1.
* The Horned Frogs won on the road for the fourth time this season after totaling a combined three road victories the previous two campaigns.
* TCU led 44-40 at the break and is now 18-2 this season when ahead at the half.
* The Horned Frogs won for just the second time in nine games this season when being outrebounded by their opponent. Iowa held a 39-32 advantage on the boards.
* TCU’s 10 made 3-pointers, on 24 attempts, equaled its second-best total of the season and were its most since making 10 in a Feb. 1 win at Kansas State. Six Horned Frogs had at least one 3-pointer.
* Five Horned Frogs scored in double figures.
* TCU recorded its first win in program history over Iowa. The Hawkeyes won the two previous contests with the most recent game being a 47-46 overtime decision Dec. 22, 1948.
* The Horned Frogs recorded their first win in the state of Iowa since a 79-69 victory at Drake Feb. 2, 1991.
* TCU faced a Big Ten team for the first time since Nov. 23, 2012 versus Northwestern.
* TCU’s Jamie Dixon is now 19-13 as a head coach in postseason play.
* Alex Robinson’s team-high tying 19 points put him in double figures for the 22nd time, second on the team. It was his highest scoring game since a 20-point output Jan. 28 versus Auburn.
* Robinson’s 11 assists were a career high, surpassing his previous best of 10 earlier this season (Dec. 7) at SMU.
* Robinson played 44 minutes, his most since playing all 45 in a Feb. 1 overtime win at Kansas State.
* Robinson’s 11 assists give him 206 on the year. He moved up to fourth on TCU’s single-season list, surpassing Prince Fowler (200, 1997-98). Next on the chart is Hank Thorns in third place with 225 (2010-11).
* Kenrich Williams’ team-best 10 rebounds gave him 319 on the season, moving him up three spots from a tie for 10th place into sole possession of seventh on TCU’s single-season list. Next on the chart is Dennis Davis in sixth with 323 in 1997-98.
* Williams recorded his 16th double-double of the season and 18th of his career with 15 points and 10 rebounds.
* Williams led TCU in rebounding for a team-best 27th time this season.
* Williams equaled a season-high with six assists, while his four steals were one shy of a career-best five set in a Jan. 11 win at Texas earlier this season.
* Vladimir Brodziansky’s 19 points, on 9-of-12 shooting from the field, put him in double figures in scoring for a team-best 26th time this season.
* Desmond Bane made his first start since Dec. 7 at SMU and scored 13 points while adding a career-best four assists.
* Brandon Parrish played in his 133rd career game, extending his TCU record.
* Parrish tied a season high with four 3-pointers in scoring 14 points. He was 4-of-6 behind the arc and 5-of-7 overall from the field.
* Parrish’s 14 points were his most since scoring 15 in a Jan. 14 win over Iowa State.
* Parrish had at least one 3-pointer for a seventh consecutive game after not having any in the previous four contests.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB