Nov. 29, 2012
TCU 61, Southern Utah 52
Fort Worth, Texas (Daniel-Meyer Coliseum)
Nov. 29, 2012
* TCU improved to 6-2 overall for the third consecutive year. The squad is 5-1 at home this season.
* TCU has trailed in the second half of five of its six wins this season.
* TCU outshot the opponent for the seventh time in eight games this season. The Frogs held a team to under 40 percent shooting for the sixth time.
* Kyan Anderson totaled 21 points, his second straight game with at least 21 points. Anderson now has four career 20-point performances, tying him for the team lead with Garlon Green.
* Anderson went 6-of-9 from the floor and is now 19-of-29 over his last two games (65.5 percent). He also made 8-of-9 free-throw attempts to move to 16-of-19 (84.2 percent) over the same stretch.
* Devonta Abron scored in double figures for the fourth time in the last five games with a career-high 17 points Thursday. Abron’s total surpassed his previous best of 13 points recorded twice, including last week’s home win over Navy.
* TCU featured its fourth different starting lineup, as junior guard Thomas Montigel earned his first career start.
* Montigel set a new career scoring high with five points, topping his previous best of four set during last season’s home win over Austin College (Nov. 14, 2011). He had not scored this season prior to Thursday.
* Montigel also set a personal best in minutes played with 28. He had never seen more than 12 minutes of game action prior to Thursday.
* Charles Hill Jr. saw his first playing time since Nov. 12 home win over Centenary. He recorded his first career points on a floater in the lane late in the first half.