Dec. 5, 2013
Box Score |
TCU 71, Mississippi State 61
Humphrey Coliseum (Starkville, Miss.)
• TCU moved to 5-3 on the season.
• The Horned Frogs won their third-straight on the road Thursday.
• The two teams played for the first time since 1990 Thursday.
• TCU leads the all-time series at 2-1 after Thursday night.
• TCU moved to 12-1 when leading at the half under head coach Trent Johnson.
• TCU moved to 4-0 this season when leading at the half.
• TCU is 3-0 this season when Karviar Shepherd grabs double-digit rebounds.
• Charles Hill Jr. has scored 10 or more points in two out of his last three games.
• Hill Jr. hit the 20-point mark for the first time in his career.
• Hill Jr. recorded a new season and career-high Thursday night.
• Hill Jr. led TCU in scoring for the first time in his career Thursday.
• Shepherd posted his third game with over 10 boards this season Thursday.
• Shepherd recorded a season and career-high 16 rebounds Thursday night.
• The last Frog to have 15 rebounds in a single-game was Connell Crossland against Kansas last February.
• Shepherd fell one defensive rebound shy of tying the fifth-best defensive board performance in school history for a single-game. Former Frog great Kurt Thomas grabbed 15 defensive rebounds against SMU in 1994.
• Michael Williams tied a career-high 11 points Thursday.
• Kyan Anderson scored in double-figures for the fifth time this season.
• Anderson posted his 35th double-digit scoring game of his career.