Dec. 22, 2012
TCU 65, Rice 63
Houston, Texas (Tudor Fieldhouse)
Dec. 22, 2012
* TCU improved to 8-4 overall with its second consecutive victory. The win snapped a three-game Frog road losing streak that stretched back to last season.
* TCU posted season-high advantages in rebounding margin (38-17), 3-pointers (six) and free-throw attempts (24).
* TCU outshot the opponent for the ninth time in 12 games this season, improving to 8-1 in such contests.
* TCU went 6-of-9 from 3-point range.
* Garlon Green posted his sixth career game with at least 20 points, and the third this season, with a career-best 31 points. He set his previous high of 24 exactly one year ago to the day during a Dec. 22, 2011 home win over Grambling State.
* TCU players now own two of the top-three scoring performances this season by Big 12 players. Kyan Anderson’s 35 points during a Nov. 24 win over UAB is the league’s top effort, while Iowa State’s Will Clyburn (32, Dec. 1 vs. BYU) is the only other conference player with more in a game than Green.
* Green led TCU in scoring for the third consecutive outing. He is averaging 22.3 points per game over the stretch.
* Adrick McKinney posted his team-leading third career double-double, and his second this season, with 10 points and 10 rebounds. McKinney now has four career double-figure rebound games.
* McKinney has pulled down at least nine rebounds in four consecutive contests.
* Cronnell Cossland nearly missed his second double-double, posting nine points while matching a career-best with 11 boards.
* Chris Zurcher played a career-high 26 minutes, finishing with a season-best five points.