Dec. 29, 2013
Box Score |
TCU 77, Texas Southern 64
Fort Worth, Texas
• TCU moved to 9-3 overall with the win Sunday.
• TCU now leads the all-time series, 2-1.• TCU is now 15-1 when leading at the half under head coach Trent Johnson.
• TCU moved to 7-0 this season when leading at the half.
• TCU won its fifth-straight game Sunday.
• TCU has now won nine out of its last 10 games.
• TCU finished the non-conference portion of its schedule with nine wins, which is the second-straight season in which it has done so under Johnson.
• TCU has now held 10 out of its 12 opponents to under 70 points.
• The Frogs have now held four-straight opponents to right at 39 percent or below.
• Junior Amric Fields started for the first time this season Sunday.
• Fields recorded his first career double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds.
• Fields tied a season-high with 17 points.
• Fields posted a new career-high with 12 rebounds.
• Fields attempted a career-high 18 shot attempts Sunday.
• TCU is now 21-10 when Fields scores in double-figures during his career.
• Kyan Anderson scored over 20 points for a third-straight game.
• Anderson has now scored 20 or more points 10 times in his career.
• Anderson tallied seven assists, marking the 22nd time in his career the junior has dished out five or more assists in a single-game.
• Anderson tied a season-high with five rebounds Sunday.
• TCU had four players score in double-figures Sunday, marking the fifth time this season, the Frogs have accomplished that feat.
• Brandon Parrish scored in double-figures for the ninth time this season.
• Christian Gore tallied a new career-high five assists.
• Karviar Shepherd tied a career-high with five blocks Sunday.
• Shepherd also scored in double-figures for the third time in four games.