Dec. 30, 2012
TCU 67, Mississippi Valley State 64
Fort Worth, Texas (Daniel-Meyer Coliseum)
Dec. 30, 2012
* TCU finished the non-conference season with a 9-4 record, its best mark (.692) since going 10-4 (.714) in regular-season non-league games in 2004-05.
* TCU improved to 28-1 all-time against teams from the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC), including 3-0 this season. The squad has won each of its last 27 matchups against the league.
* TCU has now erased second-half deficits in six of its nine victories this season.
* Nine of TCU’s 13 games have been decided by seven points or less.
* TCU (49.1 percent) outshot the opponent (46.0 percent) for the 10th time, improving to 9-1 in such contests.
* Kyan Anderson totaled 16 points to pace TCU in scoring for the fourth time this season, matching Garlon Green for the team lead.
* Green scored 15 points and is now just 19 shy of 1,000 for his career. He did manage to go over the 400-rebound mark for his career during Sunday’s victory, pulling down seven boards.
* Adrick McKinney (13 points) scored in double figures for the fifth time this season and the fourth time in the last five games.
* McKinney led TCU on the glass for the sixth time in the last seven games with nine rebounds. Prior to the current stretch, he had only led the Frogs in boards five times in his career. McKinney has grabbed at least nine boards in each of the last five contests.