Jan. 1, 2018
Jan. 2, 2017 | 6 PM | Waco, Texas | Farrell Center (10,284)
#16 TCU Horned Frogs
FORT WORTH, Texas -- No. 16 TCU (12-1, 0-1) will play its first Big 12 Conference road game on Tuesday at 6 p.m. at Baylor (10-3, 0-1).
The game at the Farrell Center will be televised on ESPNEWS and can be heard on 88.7 KTCU FM and 570 KLIF AM as well as FrogVision and the TuneIn app.
The Horned Frogs are coming off a 90-89 loss to No. 10 Oklahoma on Saturday in their conference opener.
- TCU has won 19 of its last 22 games.
- TCU was one of final three unbeaten teams in NCAA DI, along with Arizona State and Villanova, before falling to OU.
- TCU is ranked in the AP Top 25 for the sixth consecutive week. The Frogs are No. 16 by the AP.
- TCU was ranked as high as No. 10 in the AP Top 25, which was its highest ranking in school history.
- TCU is 44-17 all-time as a ranked team, including a 22-3 record at home and 17-7 on the road.
- TCU's 12-1 start to the season is its second-best in school history through 13 games behind a 13-0 start to the 2014-15 season.
- TCU ranks 11 in offensive efficiency, the second-best in the Big 12, according to KenPom.com.
- In each of its last three games, TCU has recorded 20 or more assists and 10 or fewer assists.
- TCU leads the Big 12 Conference in assists (19.6) and rebounding margin (+9.3).
- TCU ranks among the national leaders in assists (3rd, 19.6), field goal percentage (7th, 51.6), rebounding margin (14th, +9.2) 3-point percentage (17th, 41.3) and scoring (14th, 87.6).
- After averaging 7.1 points as a freshman last season, Desmond Bane is averaging 12.8 points as a sophomore.
- Kenrich Williams has recorded six double-doubles and leads the team with 15.1 points and 9.4 rebounds this season.
- Williams has scored in double figures in each of his last nine games, including 22 in Saturday's game with Oklahoma.
- Vladimir Brodziansky ranks fourth in the Big 12 in field goal percentage at 64.0.
- Brodziansky ranks fourth all-time at TCU in blocked shots with 140. He is 26 away from third and 31 away from the school-record of 171.
- TCU was picked to finish third in the Big 12 after finishing tied for seventh last season. Both were program bests.
- TCU returned its top six scorers from last season's team that went 24-15, finished tied for seventh in the Big 12 and won the NIT, including all five starters. It's the first time Jamie Dixon has had a team with every starter returning from the year before.
- TCU returned 79 percent of its scoring and 79 percent of its rebounding from last season.
- One season after winning its first postseason tournament, TCU will try to make the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1998. Since 1985, 58 percent of the teams that won the NIT made the NCAA Tournament the following season.
About the Opponent
- Baylor had won five straight games before dropping its conference opener at Texas Tech on Friday by the score of 77-53.
- The Bears are led in scoring by Manu Lecomte (17.5), one of three returning starters from a year ago.
- Lecomte and the Bears leading rebounder, Jo Lual-Acuil Jr. (10.0), were named Preseason All-Big 12 Honorable Mention.
About the Series
- Tuesday is the 182nd all-time meeting between TCU and Baylor. It is TCU's second-most played series behind SMU (192).
- Baylor has won the last 11 meetings with the last TCU win coming on Dec. 7, 2002, a 72-64 victory in Waco.
- It is the first time TCU will face Baylor with a higher ranking than the Bears since Feb. 4, 1987, when Baylor defeated No. 15 TCU, 66-63, in Waco.
Top 25 Ranking
TCU is ranked in the AP Top 25 Poll for the sixth-straight week at No. 16. The Frogs debuted in this season's rankings at No. 23 on Nov. 27. Prior to this season, TCU was last ranked on Dec. 22, 2014, coming in at No. 25 after sporting an 11-0 record at the time. TCU's highest ranking this season was No. 10, the highest in school history.
- As a ranked team, TCU is 44-17 all-time, including 22-3 at home.
- TCU has been ranked in the AP Top 25 for six consecutive weeks. The school record for consecutive weeks in the poll is seven, which occurred during the 1958-59 season.
- When No. 20 TCU faced No. 22 Nevada in Los Angeles, it was the first time TCU faced a ranked team, while also ranked since March 6, 1998 when No. 20 New Mexico defeated No. 15 TCU 80-73 in the second round of the WAC Tournament in Las Vegas, Nev.
- TCU is one of five NCAA DI schools ranked in the Top 25 in football and men's basketball joining Clemson, Miami, Michigan State, Oklahoma.
Shooting and Scoring
- TCU ranks second in the Big 12 and seventh in the NCAA in field goal shooting (51.6%).
- TCU ranks second in the Big 12 and 17th in the NCAA in 3-point shooting (41.3%).
- Over 60 percent of TCU's field goals (410) were assisted (259), a percentage of 63.1. The Frogs rank first in the Big 12 and third in the NCAA in assists per game (19.9).
- TCU's offensive efficiency ranks 11th at 117.3 according to KenPom.com.
- TCU has scored over 90 points five times this season. It's the most times the Frogs have scored 90 or more in a season since the 2001-02 season when they did it 13 times.
- Desmond Bane ranks No. 7 nationally in field goal efficiency (72.6) and No. 9 in true field goal percentage (72.8) according to KenPom.com. Vladimir Brodziansky ranks No. 18 in field goal efficiency (69.0) and No. 23 in true shooting percentage (70.3).
- TCU has three among the top 15 in shooting percentage in the Big 12... 4. Vladimir Brodziansky - 64.0, 9. Desmond Bane - 58.1. 12. Kouat Noi - 56.5
- TCU has three among the top four in 3-point field goal percentage in the Big 12... 1. Desmond Bane - 52.8, 2. Kenrich Williams - 50.0, 4. Kouat Noi - 48.6
Senior Vladimir Brodziansky is the 34th member of the 1,000 point club. At 1,042 points, the Slovakian 30th and two points behind Damion Walker for 29th on the all-time scoring list.