Jan. 12, 2018
Jan. 13, 2018 | Noon | Norman, Okla. | Lloyd Noble Center (11,562)
#16 TCU Horned Frogs
#9 Oklahoma Sooners
FORT WORTH, Texas -- The top two scoring teams in the Big 12 Conference square off when No. 16 TCU (13-3, 1-3) plays at No. 9 Oklahoma (13-2, 3-1) Saturday at noon.
The game at the Lloyd Noble Center will be televised on ESPNU and can be heard on 88.7 KTCU FM and 570 KLIF AM as well as FrogVision and the TuneIn app.
The Horned Frogs are coming off an 99-98 double-overtime loss at Texas on Wednesday.
- TCU is second in the Big 12 and 10th in the NCAA with 87.6 points per game. Oklahoma is first in the Big 12 and second in the nation with 93.1 points per game.
- The game is a rematch of the meeting two weeks ago when No. 12 Oklahoma defeated No. 10 TCU 90-89 in Fort Worth.
- TCU will play OU for the second time before playing Iowa State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and West Virginia once. TCU played at OU in its regular season finale last season.
- TCU's three losses this season are by a combined six points to No. 12 Oklahoma, No. 10 Kansas and Texas.
- TCU is ranked in the AP Top 25 for the seventh consecutive week. The Frogs are ranked No. 16 by the AP and USA Today.
- TCU was ranked as high as No. 10 in the AP Top 25, which was its highest ranking in school history.
- TCU is 45-19 all-time as a ranked team, including a 22-4 record at home and 18-8 on the road.
- TCU's 13-2 start to the season was the best in school history since a 13-2 record during the 1933-34 season.
- TCU leads the Big 12 Conference with 19.9 assists per game.
- TCU ranks among the national leaders in assists (4th, 19.9), assist turnover ratio (9th, 1.58), field goal percentage (16th, 50.3), rebounding margin (25th, +7.4), scoring (10th, 87.6) and 3-point percentage (9th, 41.4).
- TCU ranks fifth in offensive efficiency, the best in the Big 12, according to KenPom.com.
- TCU has not had more than 12 turnovers over the last seven games, an average of 10.3 per game.
- Kenrich Williams has recorded seven double-doubles and leads the team with 15.3 points and 9.3 rebounds this season.
- Williams is one of five players averaging double-figures. There are six TCU players averaging 8.9 points or more.
- Williams has scored in double figures in each of his last 12 games, a game-high 26 at Texas Wednesday.
- Vladimir Brodziansky ranks fourth all-time at TCU in career blocks (141) and 22nd in career points (1,099).
- TCU was picked to finish third in the Big 12 after finishing tied for seventh last season. Both were program bests.
- TCU returned its top six scorers from last season's team that went 24-15, finished tied for seventh in the Big 12 and won the NIT, including all five starters. It's the first time Jamie Dixon has had a team with every starter returning from the year before.
- TCU returned 79 percent of its scoring and 79 percent of its rebounding from last season.
- One season after winning its first postseason tournament, TCU will try to make the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1998. Since 1985, 58 percent of the teams that won the NIT made the NCAA Tournament the following season.
About the Opponent
- Oklahoma boasts the nations second-best offense with an average 93.1 points per game.
- The Sooners are coming off a 75-65 win over No. 8/8 Texas Tech Tuesday after dropping their first Big 12 game at No. 6/5 West Virginia, 89-76 on Saturday.
- Freshman Trae Young leads the nation with 29.2 points and 10.2 assists per game.
About the Series
- Oklahoma leads the all-time series 20-4 with a 9-0 advantage in Norman.
- In the first meeting this season in Fort Worth, the Sooners overcame a 13-point deficit to hand the Frogs their first loss in 17 games, which was at the time, the longest streak in the nation. Trae Young had 39 points and 14 assists.
- OU won last season's game in Norman, 73-68, on March 4.
Dixon Over Oklahoma
TCU's first win over Oklahoma in the all-time series came during the 1986-87 season, Jamie Dixon's senior season. The Horned Frogs defeated No. 6 Oklahoma 95-82 on Dec. 27, 1986 to win the All-College Tournament in Oklahoma City. The day prior, TCU defeated Oklahoma State 92-61. Dixon had 12 points and seven assists against OSU and 28 points and six assists against OU and was named the tournament MVP.
Top 25 Ranking
TCU is ranked in the AP Top 25 Poll for the seventh-straight week at No. 16. The Frogs debuted in this season's rankings at No. 23 on Nov. 27. TCU's highest ranking this season was No. 10, the highest in school history.
- As a ranked team, TCU is 44-18 all-time, including 22-4 at home.
- TCU has been ranked in the AP Top 25 for seven consecutive weeks. The school record for consecutive weeks in the poll is 10, which occurred from the 1986-87 season to beginning of the 1987-88 season.
- Prior to this season, TCU was last ranked on Dec. 22, 2014, coming in at No. 25 after sporting an 11-0 record at the time.
- When No. 20 TCU faced No. 22 Nevada in Los Angeles, it was the first time TCU faced a ranked team, while also ranked since March 6, 1998 when No. 20 New Mexico defeated No. 15 TCU 80-73 in the second round of the WAC Tournament in Las Vegas, Nev.
- TCU is one of six NCAA DI schools ranked in the Top 25 in football and men's basketball joining Auburn, Clemson, Miami, Michigan State, Oklahoma.
Kenrich From Three
Kenrich Williams was 7-of-11 from 3-point range during his 27-point outpouring at Texas on Jan. 10. It was the most 3-pointers in a game by a TCU player since Hank Thorns hit eight threes against UNLV on Feb. 14, 2012. Williams' 3-point production and accuracy has increased since his first year at TCU. He's made at least one three in each of his last 14 games.
Sophomore (2014-15) > 11-31 (35.5)
Junior (2016-17) > 45-124 (36.3)
Senior (2017-18) > 29-60 (48.3)
Shooting and Scoring
- TCU ranks second in the Big 12 and 16th in the NCAA in field goal shooting (50.3%).
- TCU ranks first in the Big 12 and 9th in the NCAA in 3-point shooting (40.4%).
- Over 60 percent of TCU's field goals (499) were assisted (318), a percentage of 63.7. The Frogs rank first in the Big 12 and fourth in the NCAA in assists per game (19.9).
- TCU's offensive efficiency ranks fifth at 119.7 according to KenPom.com.
- TCU has three among the top 15 in shooting percentage in the Big 12... 8. Vladimir Brodziansky - 59.6, 9. Kouat Noi - 57.6. 11. Desmond Bane - 54.0
- TCU has four among the top six in 3-point field goal percentage in the Big 12... 1. Desmond Bane - 49.3, 2. Kenrich Williams - 48.3, 4. Kouat Noi - 47.7, 6. Jaylen Fisher - 43.9
- TCU has scored over 90 points six times this season. It's the most times the Frogs have scored 90 or more in a season since the 2001-02 season when they did it 13 times.
Second Half Vlad
Senior Vladimir Brodziansky has excelled in the second half of TCU's most recent games. In TCU's Big 12 games, Brodziansky has averaged 3.25 points in the first half and 14 points in the second half and overtime. Those games and points include Oklahoma: 4-8, Baylor: 5-13, Kansas 4-16, Texas 0-19.
Senior Vladimir Brodziansky is the 34th member of the 1,000 point club. At 1,080 points, the Slovakian is 27th on the all-time scoring list. He is one point from Jeff Jacobs for 26th (1,081).
TCU's strength of schedule is ranked No. 19 by the NCAA through games completed on Jan. 10.
TCU has averaged 15.2 offensive rebounds per game over the last six games. The Frogs had 19 against Kansas, 20 against Oklahoma and 25 against Texas Southern. In TCU's 91-72 win over Texas Southern, its 25 offensive rebounds were the most rebounds by the Horned Frogs since Jan. 28, 2015 when they had 26 against Kansas State.