Jan. 29, 2018
Jan. 30, 2018 | 6 p.m. | Stillwater, Okla. | Gallagher-Iba Arena (13,611)
TCU Horned Frogs
Oklahoma State Cowboys
FORT WORTH, Texas – TCU (15-6, 3-5) resumes Big 12 Conference action when it plays at Oklahoma State (13-8, 3-5) Tuesday at 6 p.m.
The game at Gallagher-Iba Arena will be televised on ESPNU and can be heard on 570 KLIF AM as well as FrogVision and the TuneIn app.
- The Frogs are coming off an 81-78 loss at Vanderbilt in Saturday’s Big 12/SEC Challenge.
- One game after shooting its second-most free throws in a game this season (33), TCU attempted zero free throws at VU.
- Against Vanderbilt, TCU was without senior forward Ahmed Hamdy who was sick.
- TCU’s six losses this season are by a combined 19 points, an average of 3.2 points per game.
- TCU is 1-4 in road games. Its win was an 81-78 (OT) victory at Baylor. The four losses were by a combined 14 points.
- Three of TCU's four road games have gone into overtime.
- Kenrich Williams is six points away from becoming the 35th person with 1,000 points in his TCU career.
- Alex Robinson (343) is 10 assists away from tying Jamie Dixon (353) for eighth in career assists at TCU.
- The Frogs were ranked for eight consecutive weeks. They are receiving votes in both the AP and the USA Today polls.
- TCU was ranked as high as No. 10 in the AP Top 25, which was its highest ranking in school history.
- TCU leads the Big 12 Conference and ranks second in the NCAA with 19.9 assists per game.
- TCU ranks among the national leaders in assist turnover ratio (4th, 1.61), field goal percentage (13th, 50.3), rebounding margin (19th, +7.1), scoring (6th, 86.8) and 3-point percentage (20th, 40.2).
- TCU ranks fifth in offensive efficiency, the best in the Big 12, according to KenPom.com.
- Kenrich Williams has recorded nine double-doubles and is averaging 14.5 points and a team-best 9.6 rebounds this season.
- Williams is one of five players averaging double-figures. There are six TCU players averaging 9.7 points or more.
- Williams ranks ninth all-time at TCU in career rebounds (772) and seventh in career steals (127).
- Vladimir Brodziansky leads TCU with 15.3 points per game and has scored in double figures in the last 12 games.
- Brodziansky ranks fourth all-time at TCU in career blocks (152) and 20th in career points (1,190).
- Freshman Kouat Noi is shooting 47.4 percent from 3-point range in Big 12 play, the sixth-best in the conference.
About the Opponent
- Oklahoma State is coming off a 66-65 loss at Arkansas on Saturday in the Big 12/SEC Challenge.
- The Cowboys earned a signature win on Jan. 20 when they knocked off No. 4 Oklahoma, 83-81 (OT).
- OSU is led in scoring by Jeffrey Carroll, who is averaging 15.7 points per game, which ranks 10th in the Big 12.
About the Series
- Oklahoma State leads the all-time series 25-4 with an 11-1 advantage in Stillwater.
- TCU’s only win in Stillwater was a 37-16 victory during the 1924-25 season.
Three Pointers From Everyone
TCU has been one of the best shooting teams in the nation all season. Part of the reason the Frogs are so good is because of the number of weapons from 3-point range. TCU has eight players who have made 10 or more 3-pointers this season.
TCU’s six losses, have come by five or fewer points, a total of 19 points and an average of 3.2 points per game. The Frogs’ last three regular-season losses of the 2016-17 season came by five or fewer points, so TCU’s last nine regular-season losses have come by a margin of five or less. In the 64 Big 12 losses prior to the 2016-17 season, Jamie Dixon’s first year, only six were by five or fewer points.
Robinson Without Fisher
The loss of Jaylen Fisher has translated to a bigger role for junior guard Alex Robinson. In the first 17 games of the season, Robinson averaged 7.4 points, 4.9 assists, 1.9 rebounds and 26.7 minutes per game. Since Fisher was ruled out for the season on Jan. 17, Robinson has averaged 12.8 points, 10.3 assists, 4.3 rebounds and 38.5 minutes over four games. Robinson has played 154 of a total 160 minutes in those games.
No Free Throws
TCU did not attempt a free throw in its 81-78 loss at Vanderbilt on Jan. 27. The Frogs became the third team this season to not attempt a free throw, joining Virginia against Wisconsin on Nov. 27 and Northern Iowa vs. Villanova on Nov. 24.
- TCU became the second team in Big 12 history with zero free throw attempts in a game. Colorado had none on Feb. 23, 2008 at Missouri.
- It was the first time TCU had not attempted a free throw since prior to the 1996-97 season, which is as far as STATS Research dates back to.
Shooting and Scoring
- TCU ranks second in the Big 12 and sixth in the NCAA in scoring offense (86.8). TCU has not averaged 80 or more points per game in a season since the 2002-03 campaign where it averaged 80.4. Last year’s NIT championship team averaged 69.7 points.
- TCU ranks first in the Big 12 and 13th in the NCAA in field goal shooting (50.3%). TCU has never averaged 50 percent or better in a season.
- TCU ranks second in the Big 12 and 20th in the NCAA in 3-point shooting (40.3%).
- Over 60 percent of TCU’s field goals (659) were assisted (418), a percentage of 63.4. The Frogs rank first in the Big 12 and second in the NCAA in assists per game (19.9).
- TCU’s offensive efficiency ranks fifth at 121.5 according to KenPom.com.
- TCU has three among the top 11 in shooting percentage in the Big 12... 6. Vladimir Brodziansky - 58.2, 9. Kouat Noi - 54.7, 11. Desmond Bane - 52.9.
- TCU has three active players among the top 12 in 3-point field goal percentage in the Big 12... 2. Kouat Noi - 47.2, 4. Desmond Bane - 46.0, 12. Kenrich Williams - 40.8.
- TCU has scored over 90 points eight times this season. It’s the most times the Frogs have scored 90 or more in a season since the 2001-02 season when they did it 13 times.
Kenrich Williams is one of 10 players in TCU history with 700 career rebounds. The senior is in 9th on the all-time list with 772 boards. He is the first person since 1998 to join the 700-club.
Senior Vladimir Brodziansky is the 34th member of the 1,000-point club. At 1,190 points, the Slovakian is 18th on the all-time scoring list. At 994 points, senior Kenrich Williams is six points from 1,000 for his career. Williams could become the eighth player in TCU history with 1,000 points and 700 rebounds. Both are in their third season with the Horned Frogs.