Feb. 5, 2018
Feb. 6, 2018 | 8 p.m. | Lawrence, Kan. | Allen Fieldhouse (16,300)
TCU Horned Frogs
No. 10 Kansas Jayhawks
FORT WORTH, Texas – TCU (16-7, 4-6) will try for its first win in Allen Fieldhouse when it plays at No. 10 Kansas (18-5, 7-3) Tuesday at 8 p.m.
The game in Lawrence, Kan., will be televised on ESPN2 and can be heard on 570 KLIF AM, 89.7 FM KTCU as well as FrogVision and the TuneIn app. The game will also be on national radio through ESPN Radio.
- The Frogs recorded its first win inside a historic facility once this season when it won at OSU in Gallagher-Iba Arena.
- The Frogs’ are 1-3 against top 10 teams. Their win was an 82-73 victory over No. 7 West Virginia on Jan. 22.
- TCU has never defeated two top 10 teams or three top 25 teams in the same season.
- TCU is looking for its first win over a ranked team on the road since Jan. 19, 1998 at No. 24 Hawaii.
- TCU is 2-3 in Big 12 road games this season.
- TCU is 3-0 on Tuesdays this season and 7-0 on Tuesdays under Jamie Dixon.
- Alex Robinson is tied with Jamie Dixon for eighth in career assists at TCU with 353 assists.
- The Frogs were ranked for eight consecutive weeks. They are receiving votes in this week’s AP poll.
- TCU was ranked as high as No. 10 in the AP Top 25, which was its highest ranking in school history.
- TCU leads the Big 12 Conference and ranks second in the NCAA with 19.7 assists per game.
- TCU ranks among the national leaders in assist turnover ratio (11th, 1.53), field goal percentage (11th, 50.4), rebounding margin (15th, +7.2), scoring (9th, 85.8) and 3-point percentage (13th, 41.2).
- TCU ranks fifth in offensive efficiency, the best in the Big 12, according to KenPom.com.
- Kenrich Williams has recorded 10 double-doubles and is averaging 14.3 points and a team-best 9.7 rebounds this season.
- With a balanced scoring attack, TCU has six TCU players averaging 9.6 points or more.
- With one more rebound, Kenrich Williams will move into the top five all-time at TCU. He is currently sixth at 794.
- Vladimir Brodziansky leads TCU with 15.2 points per game and has scored in double figures in the last 14 games.
- In the last four games against KU, Brodziansky has averaged 16.8 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 blocks.
- Desmond Bane (47.8) and Kouat Noi (47.4) rank first and second, respectively, in the Big 12 in 3-point percentage.
About the Opponent
- Kansas is coming off an 84-79 loss to Oklahoma State on Saturday.
- The Jayhawks are led by Big 12 Preseason Player of the Year, Devonte Graham whose 17.2 points per game rank third and 7.5 assists rank second in the Big 12. Sophomore Udoka Azubuike leads the nation in field goal shooting at 76.2 percent.
- The Jayhawks were the preseason pick to win their 14th-straight Big 12 championship.
About the Series
- Kansas leads the all-time series 15-2, including a 6-0 advantage in Lawrence.
- In the last meeting, the then-No. 10 Jayhawks defeated the No. 16 Horned Frogs 88-84 in Schollmaier Arena. Vladimir Brodziansky led TCU with 20 points. Kenrich Williams had 11 points and 11 rebounds.
- TCU’s last win over KU came in the quarterfinals of the 2017 Big 12 Championship in Kansas City. The Frogs beat the No. 1 Jayhawks 85-82.
Three Pointers From Everyone
TCU has been one of the best shooting teams in the nation all season. Part of the reason the Frogs are so good is because of the number of weapons from 3-point range. TCU has eight players who have made 10 or more 3-pointers this season.
TCU’s first six losses of the season, came by five or fewer points, a total of 19 points and an average of 3.2 points per game. The Frogs’ 83-71 loss to Iowa State on Feb. 3 was their largest margin of defeat at home under Jamie Dixon.
Robinson Without Fisher
The loss of Jaylen Fisher has translated to a bigger role for junior guard Alex Robinson. In the first 17 games of the season, Robinson averaged 7.4 points, 4.9 assists, 1.9 rebounds and 26.7 minutes per game. Since Fisher was ruled out for the season on Jan. 17, Robinson has averaged 11.8 points, 8.5 assists, 3.8 rebounds and 36.0 minutes over five games.
Kenrich Williams is one of 10 players in TCU history with 700 career rebounds. The senior is in 6th on the all-time list with 794 boards, one behind Kurt Thomas. He is the first person since 1998 to join the 700-club.
Seniors Vladimir Brodziansky and Kenrich Williams both went over 1,000 points for their careers. Brodziansky went over 1,000 during the game with Nevada and Williams entered the club at Oklahoma State. Later this season, Williams will become the fifth player in TCU history with 1,000 points and 800 rebounds, the first since 1992.
TCU vs. Top 25
- TCU is 18-151 all-time against teams ranked in the AP Top 25, including 12-48 at home and 1-77 on the road.
- TCU’s 82-73 win over No. 7 West Virginia broke a 12-game losing streak against teams ranked in the top 25 at home. It’s last win was over a ranked team at home came on Feb. 14, 2015, a 70-55 win over No. 21 Oklahoma State at Wilkerson-Greines. It was also TCU’s first win over a ranked team in Schollmaier Arena, which was renovated and renamed from Daniel-Meyer Coliseum during the 2015-16 season.
- TCU was 1-7 against ranked teams last season with the win coming against No. 1 Kansas on March 9, 2017 in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 Tournament in Kansas City.
- TCU’s last and only win over a top 25 team on the road came on Jan. 19, 1998, an 83-76 win at Hawai’i.
Shooting and Scoring
- TCU ranks second in the Big 12 and ninth in the NCAA in scoring offense (85.8). TCU has not averaged 80 or more points per game in a season since the 2002-03 campaign where it averaged 80.4. Last year’s NIT championship team averaged 69.7 points.
- The Frogs rank first in the Big 12 and second in the NCAA in assists per game (19.7).
- TCU ranks first in the Big 12 and 11th in the NCAA in field goal shooting (50.4%). TCU has never averaged 50 percent or better in a season.
- TCU ranks second in the Big 12 and 13th in the NCAA in 3-point shooting (41.2%).
- TCU’s offensive efficiency ranks fifth at 121.0 according to KenPom.com.
- TCU has three among the top 11 in shooting percentage in the Big 12... 5. Vladimir Brodziansky - 58.8, 10. Kouat Noi - 54.2, 11. Desmond Bane - 53.8. TCU is the only team with three players ranked in the top 11 in shooting percentage in the Big 12.
- Sophomore Desmond Bane (47.8) and freshman Kouat Noi (47.4), rank first and second, respectively, in 3-point percentage in the Big 12.
- TCU has scored over 90 points eight times this season. It’s the most times the Frogs have scored 90 or more in a season since the 2001-02 season when they did it 13 times.