Feb. 9, 2018
Feb. 10, 2018 | 1 p.m. | Fort Worth, Texas | Schollmaier Arena (6,800)
TCU Horned Frogs
FORT WORTH, Texas -- TCU (16-8, 4-7) will play four of its next six games at home, beginning with Saturday's 1 p.m. game with Texas (15-9, 5-6).
The game at Schollmaier Arena, will be televised on ESPNU and can be heard on 570 KLIF AM, 89.7 FM KTCU as well as FrogVision and the TuneIn app.
- Saturday's game is themed "white out" with free shirts being given to the first 500 students.
- The game will feature the best shooting team in the Big 12 vs. one of the best defensive teams.
- TCU leads the Big 12 in shooting from the field (50.0) and 3-point range (41.1). Texas ranks second in 3-point defense (32.2) and third in field goal defense (41.0).
- The Frogs just played six of its last nine games on the road and most recently lost at No. 10 Kansas, 71-64, on Tuesday.
- TCU is 11-3 at home this season. All five Big 12 home games have been sold out.
- TCU has played in seven of the 25 Big 12 games that have been decided by six or fewer points.
- The Frogs were ranked for eight consecutive weeks. They are receiving votes in this week's AP poll.
- TCU was ranked as high as No. 10 in the AP Top 25, which was its highest ranking in school history.
- TCU leads the Big 12 Conference and ranks second in the NCAA with 19.6 assists per game.
- TCU ranks among the national leaders in assist turnover ratio (11th, 1.52), field goal percentage (15th, 50.0), rebounding margin (19th, +6.9), scoring (15th, 84.9) and 3-point percentage (13th, 41.1).
- TCU ranks sixth in offensive efficiency, the best in the Big 12, according to KenPom.com.
- Kenrich Williams has recorded 10 double-doubles and is averaging 14.3 points and a team-best 9.7 rebounds this season.
- Williams ranks second in the Big 12 in rebounding (9.7), seventh in assists (4.0) and 15th in scoring (14.0).
- Williams ranks No. 5 in career rebounding at TCU with 803 boards.
- With a balanced scoring attack, TCU has five players averaging double-figures, six averaging 9.2 points or more.
- Vladimir Brodziansky leads TCU with 15.2 points per game and has scored in double figures in the last 15 games.
- Desmond Bane (48.9) leads the Big 12 in 3-point percentage. Kouat Noi (46.1) ranks fourth.
About the Opponent
- Texas had won its last five home games before falling to Kansas State, 67-64, on Wednesday.
- The Longhorns are 3-4 on the road this season.
- Texas is led in scoring by junior transfer Dylan Osetkowski's 14.0 points per game.
- Preseason Big 12 Newcomer of the Year, Mohamed Bamba is averaging a Big 12-best 10.8 rebounds per game to go with 13.2 points.
About the Series
- Texas leads the all-time series 108-65 including a 43-39 advantage in Fort Worth.
- TCU has won the last two meetings at home. The last time TCU won three-straight home games in the series was 1991-1993.
- TCU lost in Austin this season, 99-98 in double overtime. Kenrich Williams recorded 26 points, eight rebounds and four assists. He was 7-of-11 from 3-point range. TCU trailed by as many as 13 points.
Brodziansky Named Senior CLASS Award Finalist
Vladimir Brodziansky has been named a finalist for the Senior CLASS Award. He was one of 10 NCAA men's basketball student-athletes to be named a candidate due to his success both on and off the court.
The finalists were chosen by national media from the list of 30 candidates announced in January. Nationwide fan voting begins immediately to help select the winner, and fans are encouraged to submit votes online at the Senior CLASS Award website through March 19. Fan votes will be combined with those of the media and Division I head coaches to determine the winners. The Senior CLASS Award recipient will be announced during the 2018 NCAA Men's Final Four.
Joining Brodziansky as finalists are Shawn Anderson (Navy), Jevon Carter (West Virginia), Angel Delgado (Seton Hall), Rob Gray (Houston), A.J. Jacobson (North Dakota State), Justin Johnson (Western Kentucky), Yante Maten (Georgia), Luke Morrison (Army) and Johnathan Williams (Gonzaga).
Three Pointers From Everyone
TCU has been one of the best shooting teams in the nation all season. Part of the reason the Frogs are so good is because of the number of weapons from 3-point range. TCU has eight players who have made 10 or more 3-pointers this season.
TCU's first six losses of the season, came by five or fewer points, a total of 19 points and an average of 3.2 points per game. The Frogs' 83-71 loss to Texas Tech on Feb. 3 was their largest margin of defeat at home under Jamie Dixon.
Brodziansky and Williams Get Historic
Seniors Vladimir Brodziansky and Kenrich Williams both went over 1,000 points for their careers this season. Brodziansky went over 1,000 during the game with Nevada (Dec.8) and Williams entered the club at Oklahoma State (Jan. 30).
- Brodziansky ranks No. 13 on TCU's all-time scoring list with 1,233 points. Williams ranks No. 32 with 1,025 points.
- Williams is one of five players in TCU history with 800 career rebounds. The senior ranks 5th on the all-time list with 803 boards. The last person to record over 800 rebounds was the TCU's all-time rebounding leader, Reggie Smith (1988-1992).
Leading Rebounder, Again
Kenrich Williams appears to be on his way to leading TCU in rebounding in a season for the third time in his career. If it holds true, Williams will be the second TCU player to lead his team in rebounding for three seasons. Gary Turner led the Frogs on the boards from 1963-66. Williams averaged 6.7 rebounds as a sophomore (2014-15) and 9.7 boards as a junior (2016-17).
Shooting and Scoring
- TCU ranks second in the Big 12 and 15th in the NCAA in scoring offense (84.9). TCU has not averaged 80 or more points per game in a season since the 2002-03 campaign where it averaged 80.4. Last year's NIT championship team averaged 69.7 points.
- The Frogs rank first in the Big 12 and second in the NCAA in assists per game (19.6).
- TCU ranks first in the Big 12 and 15th in the NCAA in field goal shooting (50.0%). TCU has never averaged 50 percent or better in a season.
- TCU ranks second in the Big 12 and 13th in the NCAA in 3-point shooting (41.1%).
- TCU's offensive efficiency ranks sixth at 120.7 according to KenPom.com.
- TCU has three among the top 11 in shooting percentage in the Big 12... 7. Vladimir Brodziansky - 57.0, 10. Desmond Bane - 54.2, 11. Kouat Noi - 53.5, . TCU is the only team with three players ranked in the top 15 in shooting percentage in the Big 12.
- Sophomore Desmond Bane (48.9) leads the Big 12 in 3-point shooting. Freshman Kouat Noi (46.1) is fourth. The school record for 3-point shooting percentage in a season is 47.7 percent by Henry Salter in 2007-08.
- Vladimir Brodziansky ranks ninth in the Big 12 in free throw shooting (80.4).