Feb. 11, 2018
Feb. 12, 2018 | 8 p.m. | Morgantown, W.Va. | WVU Coliseum (14,000)
TCU Horned Frogs
West Virginia Mountaineers
FORT WORTH, Texas -- TCU (17-8, 5-7) will attempt a season sweep of West Virginia (18-7, 7-5) when it plays on Big Monday at WVU Coliseum at 8 p.m. CT.
The game in Morgantown, will be televised on ESPN2 and can be heard on 570 KLIF AM, 89.7 FM KTCU as well as FrogVision and the TuneIn app.
It will be a rematch of TCU's first-ever Big Monday game when the Frogs beat then-No. 7 West Virginia, 82-73, on Jan. 22.
- TCU's next Big 12 Conference road win will be its third and the most in TCU's six years as a member of the conference
- Jamie Dixon is 13-9 overall against West Virginia. He was 12-7 against WVU in 13 years as the head coach at Pittsburgh.
- The Frogs are coming off a dominating 87-71 win over Texas Saturday, the largest TCU win in the series since 1987.
- TCU is 2-4 on the road in Big 12 play.
- TCU has not defeated a ranked team on the road since Jan. 19, 1998 at No. 24 Hawaii.
- TCU has played in seven of the 27 Big 12 games that have been decided by six or fewer points.
- The Frogs were ranked for eight consecutive weeks. They are receiving votes in this week's AP poll.
- TCU was ranked as high as No. 10 in the AP Top 25, which was its highest ranking in school history.
- TCU leads the Big 12 Conference and ranks second in the NCAA with 19.6 assists per game.
- TCU ranks among the national leaders in assist turnover ratio (10th, 1.6), field goal percentage (14th, 50.2), rebounding margin (17th, +7.1), scoring (13th, 85.0) and 3-point percentage (10th, 41.5).
- TCU ranks fifth in offensive efficiency, the best in the Big 12, according to KenPom.com.
- Kenrich Williams has recorded 10 double-doubles and is averaging 13.7 points and a team-best 9.6 rebounds this season.
- Williams is the only player in the Big 15 in the top 15 in rebounding (2nd, 9.6), assists (7th, 4.1) and scoring (14th, 13.7).
- Williams ranks No. 5 in career rebounding at TCU with 810 boards.
- With a balanced scoring attack, TCU has five players averaging double-figures, six averaging 9.0 points or more.
- Vladimir Brodziansky ranks No. 10 in the Big 12 in scoring (15.6) and has scored in double figures in the last 16 games.
- Desmond Bane leads the Big 12 and ranks ninth in the NCAA in 3-point percentage at 50.0.
- Kouat Noi ranks second in the Big 12 in 3-point percentage at 47.4.
About the Opponent
- West Virginia is 11-3 at home this season including 4-2 in Big 12 games.
- The Mountaineers are led by senior guard Jevon Carter whose 17.2 points per game ranks fourth in the Big 12. Carter scored 33 points in Saturday's home loss to Oklahoma State.
- WVU is the best in the Big 12 at the free throw line at 76.3 percent.
About the Series
- WVU leads the all-time series 11-1, including a 5-0 advantage in Morgantown.
- TCU won the last meeting, 82-73, on Jan. 22. It was TCU's first-ever Big Monday game. The Frogs knocked off a top 25 team at home for the first time since 2015 as the Mountaineers were No. 7. Alex Robinson had a team-high 17 points and nine assists.
- TCU's last game in Morgantown resulted in an 82-70 win by WVU on Jan. 7, 2017.
Brodziansky Named Finalist for Awards
Vladimir Brodziansky has been named a finalist for the Senior CLASS Award and the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year Award. With each award, he is one of 10 finalists.
The Senior CLASS Award honors senior student-athletes who show great success both on and off the court. Nationwide fan voting begins immediately to help select the winner, and fans are encouraged to submit votes online at the Senior CLASS Award website through March 19. Fan votes will be combined with those of the media and Division I head coaches to determine the winners.
Joining Brodziansky as finalists are Shawn Anderson (Navy), Jevon Carter (West Virginia), Angel Delgado (Seton Hall), Rob Gray (Houston), A.J. Jacobson (North Dakota State), Justin Johnson (Western Kentucky), Yante Maten (Georgia), Luke Morrison (Army) and Johnathan Williams (Gonzaga).
For the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year Award, Brodziansky is up against Mohamed Bamba (Texas), Tyler Davis (Texas A&M), Angel Delgado (Seton Hall), Isaac Haas (Purdue), Ethan Happ (Wisconsin), Jaren Jackson Jr. (Michigan St.), Jock Landale (Saint Mary's), Brandon McCoy (UNLV) and Thomas Welsh (UCLA).
In March, five finalists will be presented to Mr. Abdul-Jabbar and the Hall of Fame's selection committee for the 2018 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year Award.
Have Your Heard of Kouat Noi?
Redshirt freshman Kouat Noi has had his best two games as a Horned Frog last week. The Newcastle, Australia native made four of his first five 3-pointers on his way to scoring 17 points at No. 10 Kansas on Tuesday. He then went 4-of-6 from three to score a career-high 18 points against Texas Saturday. Noi, ranked No. 7 overall in the 2016 Australian Class rankings accoring to AusaHoops.com, spent one season at Montverde Academy Prep in Montverde, Fla., during the 2015-16 season. He has made at least one 3-pointer in each of the last 10 games. and ranks second in the Big 12 at 47.4 percent from beyond-the-arc.
Shooting and Scoring
- TCU ranks second in the Big 12 and 13th in the NCAA in scoring offense (85.0). TCU has not averaged 80 or more points per game in a season since the 2002-03 campaign where it averaged 80.4. Last year's NIT championship team averaged 69.7 points.
- The Frogs rank first in the Big 12 and second in the NCAA in assists per game (19.8).
- TCU ranks first in the Big 12 and 14th in the NCAA in field goal shooting (50.2%). TCU has never averaged 50 percent or better in a season.
- TCU ranks second in the Big 12 and 10th in the NCAA in 3-point shooting (41.5%).
- TCU's offensive efficiency ranks fifth at 122.1 according to KenPom.com.
- TCU has three among the top 11 in shooting percentage in the Big 12... 7. Vladimir Brodziansky - 57.1, 10. Desmond Bane - 54.7, 11. Kouat Noi - 53.6, . TCU is the only team with three players ranked in the top 15 in shooting percentage in the Big 12.
- Sophomore Desmond Bane (50.0) leads the Big 12 in 3-point shooting. Freshman Kouat Noi (47.4) is fourth. The school record for 3-point shooting percentage in a season is 47.7 percent by Henry Salter in 2007-08. Only three players in Big 12 history have shot 50 percent or better in a season, the last being Alan Voskuil of Texas Tech at 50.0 during the 2007-08 season.
- Vladimir Brodziansky ranks ninth in the Big 12 in free throw shooting (80.7).
- TCU has scored over 90 points eight times this season. It's the most times the Frogs have scored 90 or more in a season since the 2001-02 season when they did it 13 times.
Brodziansky and Williams Get Historic
Seniors Vladimir Brodziansky and Kenrich Williams both went over 1,000 points for their careers this season. Brodziansky went over 1,000 during the game with Nevada (Dec.8) and Williams entered the club at Oklahoma State (Jan. 30).
- Brodziansky ranks No. 13 on TCU's all-time scoring list with 1,258 points. Williams ranks No. 31 with 1,033 points.
- Williams is one of five players in TCU history with 800 career rebounds. The senior ranks 5th on the all-time list with 810 boards. The last person to record over 800 rebounds was the TCU's all-time rebounding leader, Reggie Smith (1988-1992).