Dec. 21, 2017
Dec. 22, 2017 | 8 PM | Fort Worth, Texas | Schollmaier Arena (6,800)
#15/12 TCU Horned Frogs
William & Mary Tribe
FORT WORTH, Texas – No. 15/12 TCU (11-0) will look to continue the nation’s longest winning streak when it hosts William & Mary (7-3) Friday at 8 p.m. at Schollmaier Arena.
The game will air exclusively on Facebook by visiting the Big 12 Conference Live Show Page: https://www.facebook.com/Big12Live/ or by logging into Facebook and searching @Big12Live. The final game before Big 12 Conference play can be heard on 88.7 KTCU FM as well as FrogVision and the TuneIn app.
The Horned Frogs have won 16-straight games dating back to last season when they won their last five contests on their way to the NIT championship.
- TCU has won 16-straight games, the longest streak in the nation, dating back to last season.
- TCU’s 16-game winning streak ties the 1997-98 team for the longest in school history. TCU has won 18 of its last 20 games.
- The Frogs are coming off a 91-72 win over Texas Southern Monday behind a career-high 20 points from JD Miller. TCU had a season-low eight turnovers and brought down 51 rebounds including 25 offensive, the most since 2015.
- TCU is one of four unbeaten teams in NCAA DI.
- TCU is ranked No. 15 in the AP Top 25, its highest ranking since the 1997-98 season. TCU is No. 12 in the USA Today Poll.
- TCU is 26-2 against non-conference opponents under head coach Jamie Dixon. The losses are Auburn and at SMU.
- TCU is 43-16 all-time as a ranked team, including a 21-2 record at home.
- TCU’s 11-0 start to the season is its best since starting the 2014-15 season 13-0.
- TCU leads the Big 12 Conference in 3-point percentage at 42.1.
- TCU ranks among the national leaders in assists (5th, 19.6), field goal percentage (8th, 52.0), 3-point percentage (12th, 42.1) and scoring (16th, 87.6).
- After averaging 7.1 points as a freshman last season, Desmond Bane is averaging 12.8 points as a sophomore.
- Kenrich Williams has recorded six double-doubles and leads the team with 14.5 points and 9.5 rebounds this season.
- Vladimir Brodziansky ranks fifth in the Big 12 in field goal percentage at 65.1.
- Brodziansky ranks fourth all-time at TCU in blocked shots with 134. He is 32 away from third and 37 away from the school-record of 171.
- TCU returned its top six scorers from last season’s team that went 24-15, finished tied for seventh in the Big 12 and won the NIT, including all five starters. It’s the first time Jamie Dixon has had a team with every starter returning from the year before.
- TCU returned 79 percent of its scoring and 79 percent of its rebounding from last season.
- One season after winning its first postseason tournament, TCU will try to make the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1998. Since 1985, 58 percent of the teams that won the NIT made the NCAA Tournament the following season.
About the Opponent
- William & Mary has won six of its last seven games and is coming off a 126-69 win over Milligan on Sunday.
- The Tribe set a school record for points in a game, while shooting 65.2 percent from the field in head coach Tony Shaver’s 200th win at W&M. Sophomore Nathan Knight led the Tribe with 21 points to increase his team-leading scoring average to 19.6.
- Founded in 1693, William & Mary is the second oldest college in America.
- The Tribe returned eight letterwinners, including one starter, from last season’s team that finished 17-14.
- William & Mary was picked to finish eighth in the Colonial Athletic Association.
About The Series
- TCU leads the all-time series with William & Mary, 1-0.
- The lone meeting was a 76-71 win by the Horned Frogs on Dec. 30, 1964 in El Paso, part of the Sun Bowl Carnival.
TCU brought down 25 offensive rebounds in a 91-72 win over Texas Southern. It was the most rebounds by the Horned Frogs since Jan. 28, 2015 when they had 26 against Kansas State.
Top 25 Ranking
TCU is ranked in the AP Top 25 Poll for the fourth-straight week at No. 15. The Frogs debuted in this season’s rankings at No. 23 on Nov. 27. Prior to this season, TCU was last ranked on Dec. 22, 2014, coming in at No. 25 after sporting an 11-0 record at the time. TCU’s highest ranking this season was No. 14, its highest ranking since Feb. 23, 1998 when the Frogs were ranked 13th, the highest in school history.
- As a ranked team, TCU is 41-16 all-time, including 19-2 at home.
- With wins over Belmont, Nevada, SMU and Yale. TCU defeated four-straight opponents as a ranked team for the first time since the 1997-98 season when it won five straight from Feb. 19,1998 to March 5, 1998.
- TCU has been ranked in the AP Top 25 for four consecutive weeks. The school record for consecutive weeks in the poll is seven, which occurred during the 1958-59 season.
- When No. 20 TCU faced No. 22 Nevada in Los Angeles, it was the first time TCU faced a ranked team, while also ranked since March 6, 1998 when No. 20 New Mexico defeated No. 15 TCU 80-73 in the second round of the WAC Tournament in Las Vegas, Nev.
- TCU is one of four NCAA DI schools ranked in the Top 25 in football and men’s basketball joining Miami, Michigan State, Oklahoma and USC.
Shooting And Scoring
- TCU ranks second in the Big 12 and eighth in the NCAA in field goal shooting (52.0%) and first in the Big 12 and 12th in the NCAA in 3-point shooting (42.1%).
- Over 60 percent of TCU’s field goals (346) were assisted (216), a percentage of 62.4. The Frogs rank second in the Big 12 and fifth in the NCAA in assists per game (19.6).
- TCU's offensive efficiency ranks 11th at 117.6 according to KenPom.com.
- TCU has scored over 90 points five times this season. It's the most times the Frogs have scored 90 or more in a season since the 2001-02 season when they did it 13 times.
- Desmond Bane ranks No. 4 nationally in true shooting percentage (75.0%) and field goal efficiency (75.6%) according to KenPom.com.
- TCU has three among the top 15 in shooting percentage in the Big 12... 5. Vladimir Brodziansky - 65.1, 8. Desmond Bane - 58.8. 15. JD Miller - 53.3.
- TCU has three among the top four in 3-point field goal percentage in the Big 12... 1. Desmond Bane - 54.2, 2. Kenrich Williams - 50.0, 4. Kouat Noi - 46.4.
Nation’s Longest Win Streak
TCU boasts the nation’s longest win streak, having won 16-straight games dating back to last season. The Frogs’ last lost came on March 10, 2017, against Iowa State in the semifinals of the Big 12 Championship. As of Friday, that last loss was 287 days ago.
- TCU’s streak of 16 games is tied for the longest in school history with the 1997-98 season.
- TCU’s 11-straight wins this season are its most to start a season since the first 13 games of the 2014-15 season before finishing 18-15.
- TCU won 14 straight during the 1987-88 season, Jamie Dixon’s senior season as a player.
- During the 16-game streak, Kenrich Williams has produced 11 double-doubles and is averaging 14.8 points and 10.3 rebounds per game.
As of Thursday, TCU is one of four undefeated teams in NCAA DI. The Frogs are joined by Arizona State, Miami, Villanova.
TCU has been outrebounded one time this season. Here is a breakdown of win/loss records when outrebounding opponents.
TCU this season: 10-0
TCU under Dixon: 32-5
TCU over the last three seasons: 41-6
Jamie Dixon coached teams (Pitt/TCU): 296-53
Senior Vladimir Brodziansky is the 34th member of the 1,000 point club. At 1,019 points, the Slovakian is tied with Amric Fields for 31st on the all-time scoring list. He is seven points behind James Cash for 30th.