TCU FOOTBALL POST-GAME NOTES
Jan. 1, 2011
* The Horned Frogs became the first non-automatic qualifying school to play in and win the Rose Bowl.
* TCU is 16-3 in its last 19 games versus teams from conferences with automatic BCS bids.
* The Frogs are now 8-4 in bowl games with head coach Gary Patterson on their coaching staff and 6-4 with him as their head coach. The Horned Frogs are now 11-7 against ranked opponents under Patterson.
* TCU's seniors finish with 44 wins in the last four years, making them the winningest class in school history. It's the third consecutive season TCU will see its seniors graduate with a new win record for a class.
* TCU has won 27 of its last 28 overall games and is 39-3 in its last 42 contests. Over the last six seasons, TCU is 33-1 in day games. TCU is now 39-14 (.736) in road and neutral-site games since 2003.
* TCU scored in all but two quarters this season. The only scoreless quarters were the third quarter against BYU and the fourth quarter of the Rose Bowl.
* With the win, TCU is now 3-0 all-time against the Big Ten under head coach Gary Patterson.
* Today's attendance of 94,118 was the largest crowd to ever see a TCU football game. The previous record was 87,439 for a 37-3 loss at Ohio State on Sept. 29, 1973.
* TCU set single-season school records for first downs (327) and total offense (6,199 yards).
* TCU had four different receivers with a catch of 20 yards or more in the game.
* The Horned Frogs' defense has allowed only four offensive touchdowns in the last three bowl games.
* With a pair of sacks Saturday, TCU had at least one sack in 12 of 13 games and at least two sacks in seven contests. The Frogs have at least one sack in 45 of their last 49 games.
* TCU is the only team in the nation to hold all but one opponent under 200 yards in passing.
* TCU scored on its opening possession of the game for the ninth time (eight touchdowns, one field goal) in 13 games.
* A 40-yard carry by Wisconsin's Montee Ball on the first play from scrimmage was the longest run against TCU this season. The previous long was a 31-yard gain by Tennessee Tech's Dontey Gay (Sept. 11).
* TCU led 14-13 at the half and held a halftime lead in all 13 games this season.
* TCU quarterback Andy Dalton won his third career bowl game Most Valuable Player award, also earning the honor in the 2007 Texas Bowl and 2008 Poinsettia Bowl.
* Dalton's 247 total offensive yards are the fourth-best output by a TCU player in a bowl game. Dalton owns three of the top-six performances in school history in terms of total yards.
* Dalton's 23-yard first-quarter touchdown pass to Bart Johnson extended his Mountain West Conference record to 21 consecutive games with a scoring toss.
* Dalton's 4-yard first-quarter touchdown run was the 22nd of his career, moving him into sole possession of seventh place on TCU's all-time list.
* Dalton finishes his career as the all-time leader in career completion percentage. He completed 61.7 percent of his passes, breaking Jeff Ballard's record of 61.1 percent.
* Dalton also shattered the single-season completion mark, posting a 66.1 completion percentage this season. Ballard held the previous record with 61.9 in 2006.
* Johnson had his fourth scoring reception of the year and ninth of his career.
* Luke Shivers' 1-yard third-quarter scoring run was his ninth career touchdown (eight rushing) on just 18 touches.
* Jeremy Kerley recorded six catches for a team-high 58 yards. His six receptions tie the second-most catches in a TCU bowl game.
* Josh Boyce's 44-yard first-quarter reception tied for the ninth longest play from scrimmage for TCU this season.
* Boyce finished with 44 yards receiving in the game to bring his season-receiving total to 646 yards. That mark led the Frogs this season and is a TCU freshman record.
* Jones' 10 stops are a career high. He also registered two pass breakups.
FOLLOW THE FROGS
M Basketball @TCUBasketball
W Basketball @TCUWbasketball
M Golf @TCUMensGolf
W Golf @TCUWomensGolf
Swimming & Diving @TCUswimdive
M Tennis @TCUMensTennis
W Tennis @TCUWomensTennis
Track & Field @TCUTrackField
Beach Volleyball @TCUBeachVB